Full tank of gas and extra pep? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it weird that my 80 seems to have alot more pep after i top it off....If i go from 1/2 or 1/4 of a tank to a full tank it just seems to be alot more responsive. do you think this is just my brain telling me it is or is there something mechanical that could be going on?

BD

I don't seem to notice it with my Cruiser. I actually think it is a little better with less gas. But I do have a '91 4Runner that I SWEAR runs better with a full tank of gas. Either we are both nuts or there is some correlation. Anyone else notice?

Steve

My truck is more peppy after an oil change or a car wash. :D

Seriously though, I cannot really think of too many reasons why this may be the case. Maybe a pressure issue with a defective gas cap? Fuel pump issues? I think we'd really be grasping at straws on these though. I'd bet it is your mind. Get a fellow cruiser to take your truck for a spin pre and post fillup and see if they notice.

Edit: and no, mine doesn't seem to feel any difference depending on tank fullness.

Check acceleration times on a few rounds of full/empty to see if it's all in your head. That said, I think it is all in your head. I find a weird psychological phenomenon takes place where I am lighter on the gas when I am low on fuel. Maybe this is because I can almost see the fuel needle move when I have a lead foot. ;)

the real reason for this is gas for our cruisers cost so much that when you have a fulltank your just happy.

nothing like a full tank of gas.. makes me smile every time

Cruiserhead05 said:
Is it weird that my 80 seems to have alot more pep after i top it off....If i go from 1/2 or 1/4 of a tank to a full tank it just seems to be alot more responsive. do you think this is just my brain telling me it is or is there something mechanical that could be going on?

BD

I actually feel the other way. I feel as though when my 80 is toward empty and the gas light is starting to turn on the truck punches much harder and the go is greater. Oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom