Full Set keys and locks - Overseas version? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So you just need a new ignition barrel and have it rekeyed to match your doors ?

I probably have a few barrels kicking around and will have a set of locks in the next few weeks as I am pulling the FJZ80 Stuff and replacing it with the HDJ80 as the HDJ80 has much better key strength then the FJZ80 .

what do you refer to as much better key strength in a HDJ80 ?

different key type / profile ?

GLOW feature ignition lock cylinder ?

the FZJ80 and FJ80 use a TR-40 key like below example photo

is the HDJ80 use the same TR-40 key style or a different one all together ?

thanks

these are BOTH TR-40 keys for a FJ80 / FZJ80 USA Spec.

- 90999-00164 on the left

- 90999-00174 on the right

can you post photos of the HDJ80 keys or blanks ?

90999-00164-R5.png

what do you refer to as much better key strength in a HDJ80 ?

different key type / profile ?

GLOW feature ignition lock cylinder ?

the FZJ80 and FJ80 use a TR-40 key like below example photo

is the HDJ80 use the same TR-40 key style or a different one all together ?

thanks

these are BOTH TR-40 keys for a FJ80 / FZJ80 USA Spec.

- 90999-00164 on the left

- 90999-00174 on the right

can you post photos of the HDJ80 keys or blanks ?

View attachment 2742221
Pretty sure those came with the reverse cut ones? Like an LX.

Pretty sure those came with the reverse cut ones? Like an LX.

what is a REVERSE cut key like a LX ?

a profile cut type on the FLAT ?

instead of the edge cut like the TR-40 examples i posted ?

That's the style of key that was fitted to all 80 series in Australia, the traditional style key used wasn't in this market at all. I believe the same is also true of domestic models in Japan.

that's called a PROFILE CUT type key ....

my new NipponDenso SST Toyota Auto Body key code cutting machine came set up to code cut those but i have not dove into that topic yet .....

its coming , but im not there yet

i just Broke and Cracked the CODE on the whole FJ55 land Cruiser Unique to it , only KEY profile type the TR-27 short stubby First Generation TOYOTA Double Edge Cuts

Blank

ONLY a TOYOTA CROWN came with this same Key later , FJ55 started out in 1968 and had same exact TR-27 in side doors and tail gate till 1980 ....

the in-dash ignition then to Column mounted Ignition is a very different topic all together , and the ONLY Toyota Vehicle Platform to use this ODD 2 different main keys to operate the ignition lock cylinder and all 3 exterior doors and a power tail gate window or the NON USA double barn Doors variation as well

that's called a PROFILE CUT type key ....

my new NipponDenso SST Toyota Auto Body key code cutting machine came set up to code cut those but i have not dove into that topic yet .....

its coming , but im not there yet

i just Broke and Cracked the CODE on the whole FJ55 land Cruiser Unique to it , only KEY profile type the TR-27 short stubby First Generation TOYOTA Double Edge Cuts

Blank

ONLY a TOYOTA CROWN came with this same Key later , FJ55 started out in 1968 and had same exact TR-27 in side doors and tail gate till 1980 ....

the in-dash ignition then to Column mounted Ignition is a very different topic all together , and the ONLY Toyota Vehicle Platform to use this ODD 2 different main keys to operate the ignition lock cylinder and all 3 exterior doors and a power tail gate window or the NON USA double barn Doors variation as well
Very cool info, thank you

you need a new electrical key switch too .............

Matt- happen to know the part number for the electrical key switch? Thanks

Matt- happen to know the part number for the electrical key switch? Thanks

for a lexus or a toyota ?

pm me your 17 digit frame # i can find out for u

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom