Full moon bumpy ride. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody want to take the kids or adults out for a full moon trail ride Saturday night?

Anybody want to take the kids or adults out for a full moon trail ride Saturday night?

Where you thinking about going? We might be game, just need to see if I can convince the kids to go wheeling instead of seeing Avengers at the drive in.

We could do a mild run like Jumbo. Centrally located and stocker compatible.

Washoe Valley to v.c. Jumbo grade road.

upload_2018-4-27_19-57-35.png

You nailed the route . We can meet at the Dollar General in Washoe Valley. 8:00 p.m. ish Leave by 8:30?

Last edited:
Little babies should be at least a year old before a hard trail ride. Ours started mild runs at 6-8 months but we used a neck collar till they got big enough to tear it off...

Ok . I'll show up just in case but sounds like its a no-go .

Be there in a few if anyone is still going .

Good thing we didn't try a run tonight. We waited till 8:28 then headed up Jumbo. Got to the first creek crossing and WOW, things have changed. It's still doable but not by a stock rig. You have the choice of running up on the south bank into a nice loose side-hill or dropping down into the creekbed which is now about a 3-4' drop. I had heard that the floods this winter had washed it out but I didn't realize it had gotten down to this part. I knew farther up was pretty hairy last year until it got beat down by traffic but this has added a gatekeeper until it gets beat into submission.

I always catch the receiver on that drop.
Last time the side hill seemed ok on the way up but I lost my nerve and took the step on the way back.
Did you go up to VC and back?

I was game but the wife and kids weren’t. We drove around a few more places and called it a night after the clouds rolled in. Not much point in a moonlit ride without a moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom