Full Float Rear Axle Rotor Studs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut bait and run, that whole pallet is crap except the housing, hubs & axles, & wheel bearings if they are new. The housing is questionable as you have already made repairs and as Kurt mentioned it may not be straight. Whats the chunk & axle splines look like ? Sad for them that they shipped that pallet, says alot about the integrity of a business and person.

Year's back I sold a set of split-rims & tires on ebay. The buyer only wanted the rims. When I removed the tires I found the rims looked like those... I hadn't known. I apologized to the buyer and refunded the money before they were shipped. I didn't know before pealing the tires off, however, they did.

No one should sell rims like that for anything more than scrap metal... at best.

I spoke to a lady named Rhonda at Cruiserparts today. She had emailed me a few times yesterday trying to straighten this out. She was very nice, and I could tell that she was aggravated at how crappy this whole thing was.

No one called me back for the rest of the day, or today. I sent an email asking about the status, and she said that he wants me to send the wheels back before he will issue a refund, and that he expects me to pay shipping. I told them that was unacceptable, as it was no fault of mine that they sent me complete trash. Not to mention that every single other aspect of the order was also messed up. They still haven't said or done anything about the missing calipers in the disc brake kit, so I told them, due to their lack of attention, I have decided to send that back also. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see what their response is. I am just beyond floored by the crummy service of Cruiserparts. How are these people still in business?

I am just beyond floored by the crummy service of Cruiserparts. How are these people still in business?
you were warned…..

I never could have imagined it would have been that bad.

Geeze, I could have built you a narrowed FZJ80 rear housing for only a little more money and you could bolt Toyota disc brakes on it

Okay, but that's not what I wanted.

Okay, but that's not what I wanted.

You wanted garbage? :lol:

Kidding. You probably don’t fully understand what I described.

For anyone else wondering what I’m talking about. An 80 series axle cut down to 40 width on the short side becomes 40 width overall.
Basically becomes a +1990 70-series rear, but a bit more attainable in the US. Full float. Disc brakes. Parking brake. 6-lug. Off-the-shelf OEM or Nitro shafts available.

Can also just get new 70 series housings. Not cheap though. More then core 80 axle + labor in current market after shipping costs.

Last edited:
No one called me back for the rest of the day, or today. I sent an email asking about the status, and she said that he wants me to send the wheels back before he will issue a refund, and that he expects me to pay shipping. I told them that was unacceptable, as it was no fault of mine that they sent me complete trash. Not to mention that every single other aspect of the order was also messed up. They still haven't said or done anything about the missing calipers in the disc brake kit, so I told them, due to their lack of attention, I have decided to send that back also. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see what their response is. I am just beyond floored by the crummy service of Cruiserparts. How are these people still in business?

There are literally 50 threads in the “Bad Sellers” section of MUD about them.

Caveat emptor.

Not all 7x 1990+ were rear disc brake. Some were.

I’m aware, I stock the semi-float drum brake assemblies for 40 retrofits.

With todays US Cruiser market.. I get calls and emails about power steering, AC, and stereos, not a single inquiry about converting to a FF rear that I can recall :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom