Fuel transfer for external gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to find a pump system for fuel (gas) for a plan I have for putting a fuel tank in my trailer. I have found lots of pumps for diesel and oils but have found nothing for gas. Would a regular fuel pump have enough flow to transfer a tank of gas in a timely manner? I am looking for somthing small and 12 volt to attach to the trailer battery and have it mount out of the way. Any help you guys can offer or ideas are appreciated.

I also looked for one, and the usual places did not show anything affordable. Must be worries about flammability. May just be much easier to use a manual pump for the few times when you'll need it... or, heck, gravity feed a gas can and put that in the tank...?

Carter makes good external fuel pumps.

I had one but broke it, my fault.

Check out summit racing.

www.summitracing.com

Carquest has this nice inline fuel pump with a check valve that I installed for a xfer pump. It was rated for low pressure but had a decent volume. I'll try to find some info on it.

The problem I have been seeing with the fuel pumps is that it would take a half hour to fill the tank as most of the high pressure are 45 gpm. That's why I trying to find a transfer pump This is what I have found so far that seems to fit the bill.

http://www.weldonpumps.com/j8000.html

photogod said:
The problem I have been seeing with the fuel pumps is that it would take a half hour to fill the tank as most of the high pressure are 45 gpm. That's why I trying to find a transfer pump This is what I have found so far that seems to fit the bill.

http://www.weldonpumps.com/j8000.html

errr.. 45gpm would fill the tank in half a minute...?

e9999 said:
errr.. 45gpm would fill the tank in half a minute...?

Yeah, but that figure is at zero back pressure with no lift or distance. The figures for gpm drop drastically when you take into account those two variables.
:idea:

photogod said:
Yeah, but that figure is at zero back pressure with no lift or distance. The figures for gpm drop drastically when you take into account those two variables.
:idea:

lift? you're going to have the trailer tank lower than the truck's?
use big hoses!
:)

Bigger hose will decrease the friction loss considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom