fuel & temp guage FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not an electrical expert but have done a fair amount of work on cars over the years. Electrical seems to be by far the trickest /most challenging /frustrating for me.

work is on an early model fj55 that has been sitting for years. Slowly making my way through dfferent systems.
The oil pressure guage works, guage lights work but both the fuel and temp guages do not. did a number of tests to rule out sender units and also tested guages and they both work when attached to battery. replaced the temp sender and the ohm test on the fuel sender tells me that unit needs replacing as well. The FSM suggests testing power at specific point (A) which appears to be power at the oil sender unit. voltage appears at this point. the point (B fuel guage )which should have varying voltage
from the gauge VR does not have any voltage showing. I removed the cluster panel and removed and cleaned the wire wheel connections and the VR connection poiints. Gas tank has been cleaned and replaced. not sure if there is a ground wire other then where the tank is bolted to the body. some suggested it vould be a ground issue but not sure where to check this...if power makes it to the guage but does not pass through to the sender units, seems it could be an issue with the guage voltage regulator but again not an expert here just looking for some direction.

Suggestions?

testing the guage FSM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom