Fuel tank skid options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We're going to be test-fitting it for an LC in hopefully a week or so, we'll for sure update afterwards.
With that, as the LX470 and LC100 are the same platform we have a reason to believe it'll fit, but as I sasid to @Kabanstva here - we can't guarantee unless we've tried it (or got a solid feedback from a customer).
Well I have really wanted one and since I have all your others, as soon as you give me the green light, I'll drop an order. Thanks so much for your support in our community.

I am stoked and looking forward to placing an order once fitment is confirmed on a 100 series.

We're going to be test-fitting it for an LC in hopefully a week or so, we'll for sure update afterwards.
With that, as the LX470 and LC100 are the same platform we have a reason to believe it'll fit, but as I sasid to @Kabanstva here - we can't guarantee unless we've tried it (or got a solid feedback from a customer).
Any luck of it fitting with the 100 series land cruiser, a/t. Petrol.

Looking to replace a rusted out fuel tank skid plate on my LX 470. Can I simply, cut away the visible rust and hit it with some rust reformer, and then toss this on top of it?

Looking to replace a rusted out fuel tank skid plate on my LX 470. Can I simply, cut away the visible rust and hit it with some rust reformer, and then toss this on top of it?
Hi, as we're unfamiliar with your rusted oem skid we can't comment. We've fitted our plate with a complete OEM one.

Hi, as we're unfamiliar with your rusted oem skid we can't comment. We've fitted our plate with a complete OEM one.
In theory, as long as the OEM straps holding the fuel tank in place are strong/in good condition, your skid plate shouldn't have any issue going on since it's being mounted to the frame correct?

In theory, as long as the OEM straps holding the fuel tank in place are strong/in good condition, your skid plate shouldn't have any issue going on since it's being mounted to the frame correct?
Our skid is mounted to the OEM Fuel Tank cover as connecting it to the frame wasn't the right option in our opinion.

Our skid is mounted to the OEM Fuel Tank cover as connecting it to the frame wasn't the right option in our opinion.
Greetings,

The issue here in the US Northeast and Midwest is that they use Salt and that OEM tank cover gets rusted out completely. Something that would sell really good is a complete replacement of this tank cover where you can disconnect the old one and put and ASFIR Plate in it's place.I believe that will sell like hot cakes since there is no other option to but to get this OEM. In all honestly the OEM part is garbage my car is going on it's third one. Is the fastest part that rust under the vehicle.

Greetings,

The issue here in the US Northeast and Midwest is that they use Salt and that OEM tank cover gets rusted out completely. Something that would sell really good is a complete replacement of this tank cover where you can disconnect the old one and put and ASFIR Plate in it's place.I believe that will sell like hot cakes since there is no other option to but to get this OEM. In all honestly the OEM part is garbage my car is going on it's third one. Is the fastest part that rust under the vehicle.
Yeah those oem tank “covers” I won’t call them skid plates are paper thin. Very easy to bend and like you said they rust very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom