fuel tank question...to many pipes (1 Viewer)

putting in a new fuel tank....tank is from a 70 fj40...mine is a 1968...i have the filler pipe and another small pipe (vent?) to hook up to my cruiser...this tank has 3 additional small pipes..that apparently went to some fuel gadget on the later models...can they be plugged?...if so what would be the best method?..thanks in advance fellas for the help

osagecruiser

I think the extra pipes are for vapor recovery (smog). I hooked mine together with a T. I wanted to ask you how much paint you used to paint the FJ? I am getting ready to do mine.
Thanks
Brad

I just used a brass one that I had and hooked it all together with small pieces of fuel line and clamps. I would think a solvent resistent plastic one would also work. If you could find some caps and clamp them on, that would be even better.

I did a similar thing recently, but it was on a 55. Much different tanks. At first I capped all the extra lines, but then the insufficient venting made it difficult to fill up the gas tank. Gas pumps would shut off unless I pumped very slowly. So I uncapped it all, added a fuel seperator and a charcoal canister, now it works correctly. Just food for thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom