Fuel Tank Options (1 Viewer)

Any ideas on replacing the stock fuel tank on my 61 fj25. Want to install a rear tank. Ideas on type, style etc. Engine sbc tbi.

Northwest Metal Products makes a steel tank and it's set up for EFI (return ports and all) thats 22.5 gallons. Mill it out for a sending unit and your good to go. I have one and like it.

That said, I'll proly be building an aluminum tank this winter to fit my relocated rear axle.....so either way

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

MAF sells a tank made in AU that is 28 gallons and goes under the driver and passenger seat.

I am putting one in a 1962 FST 40 series....I had pics of it, and cannot find them.

good luck!

-Steve

I ve seen maf tank. Don't like the idea of sitting on 28 gal of fuel in the middle of summer in az.
I'm also installing a full roll cage with seat craddle attached to cage.

To play devil's advocate- How is 28 gallons of fuel 3 ft away in AZ summer different? If the tank blows, having it 30 feet away won't help you. That sheet metal tub sure won't make any difference.

I personally like sitting on the tank. It's tucked up high, away from rocks/stumps/Civics, etc. If you have a leak, you know it immediately. To each his own, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom