Fuel tank and lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First of all, sorry to b a bother w so many questions. My FJ is a Jan 1972, with a 350 chevy conversion. Because if the conversion, is a charcoal canister needed? Can't seem to find it. Have pulled the fuel tank and seems "wrong". First photo shows hose going nowhere, just capped off. Second shows hose looping back on itself.

PXL_20210324_142752257.jpg

PXL_20210324_142755618.jpg

The charcoal canister is under the hood, the capped ports are all vents going to the fuel separator, the big uncapped is the main vent for filling the tank. You don't have to run a charcoal if you don't mind some fumes now and again, If I didn't already have one I would run the OEM fuel separator and a 1/4" line running to the intake, I cant imagine it would suck raw fuel unless the truck was upside down.

The charcoal canister is under the hood, the capped ports are all vents going to the fuel separator, the big uncapped is the main vent for filling the tank. You don't have to run a charcoal if you don't mind some fumes now and again, If I didn't already have one I would run the OEM fuel separator and a 1/4" line running to the intake, I cant imagine it would suck raw fuel unless the truck was upside down.
are you saying put in a separator but direct it back to the tank rather than sending it to the charcoal cannister?

are you saying put in a separator but direct it back to the tank rather than sending it to the charcoal cannister?
Tank vent to fuel seperator to the intake. The later models with a charcoal canister have it plumbed the same way except there is a valve to evacuate the charcoal canister when its full of fumes.

Theres also nothing wrong with venting the tank to the atmosphere except the fact that you might smell it.

Tank vent to fuel seperator to the intake. The later models with a charcoal canister have it plumbed the same way except there is a valve to evacuate the charcoal canister when its full of fumes.
wondering, does the fuel separator have a function other than merging the multiple vent hoses down to a single outlet source?

Its primary function is to separate liquid fuel from the fuel vapors, which are then passed through a one way valve and off to the charcoal canister. Liquid fuel can reach the separator in high angle driving or perhaps an overfilled tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom