Fuel smell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK so I was not able to find the leak until I visited a mechanic, the rubber hose feeding the injectors had a rupture that didn't show on idle due to low fuel pressure. When I push the gas (like normal driving) thr rupture let's out fuel. I'm very lucky it didn't ignite from hot temperature.

So new fuel house fitted to injectors, changed fuel cansiter fuels as well smell gone and the car seems normal again.

The low fuel pressure was making the engine starve hence all the hassle I was facing

OK so I was not able to find the leak until I visited a mechanic, the rubber hose feeding the injectors had a rupture that didn't show on idle due to low fuel pressure. When I push the gas (like normal driving) thr rupture let's out fuel. I'm very lucky it didn't ignite from hot temperature.

So new fuel house fitted to injectors, changed fuel cansiter fuels as well smell gone and the car seems normal again.

The low fuel pressure was making the engine starve hence all the hassle I was facing
Okay, thanks! Let me rub that around in my head a little... : )

I could be wrong, but I think your radiator res bottle cap is on backwards.
It only matters because the cap has one-way flow for overflow from the radiator.
As it is now, coolant cannot overflow into the bottle. Nor can the radiator pull in coolant from the bottle when necessary.
Just disconnect the hoses, flip the cap around so that the tab is facing forward. Re-seat the hoses (they will be reversed from current arrangement at that point)

I could be wrong, but I think your radiator res bottle cap is on backwards.
It only matters because the cap has one-way flow for overflow from the radiator.
As it is now, coolant cannot overflow into the bottle. Nor can the radiator pull in coolant from the bottle when necessary.
Just disconnect the hoses, flip the cap around so that the tab is facing forward. Re-seat the hoses (they will be reversed from current arrangement at that point)

Sorry I do not understand do you mean the circled ?
So remove cap make the text readable from the front of the car ?
I will not change the hose just disconnect and reconnect ?

P.S this is an old.pic so been opened after that hence arrangement can be different
Screenshot_20220721-094437_Gallery.jpg

Sorry I do not understand do you mean the circled ?
So remove cap make the text readable from the front of the car ?
I will not change the hose just disconnect and reconnect ?

P.S this is an old.pic so been opened after that hence arrangement can be different
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-24 at 11.18.57 PM.jpeg

No, was referring to this.
But looking closer...and not wanting to venture into the heat to look at mine lol...it may be oriented correctly, going by the word 'COOLANT'. You can confirm by taking the cap off. There should be a length of hose connected to the under side of the cap (if missing highly recommend replacing). Confirm that internal hose is connected to the same port that the hose coming from the radiator is connected to. If it is connected to the port that the left hand hose is connected to, then rotate the cap 180 degrees and reverse (swap) the outside hose connections.

I will add tho that the right side hose running from the radiator to that bottle is actually supposed to go on the other end of the top of the radiator, where the hose is sort of draping over the valve cover. That 90degree bend is the giveaway. Guessing it was cut short for some reason and no longer reaches the length it would need to be where it's supposed to be.

It should go here, with the 90deg bend under the spark plug wires.
Screenshot_20220721-094437_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom