Fuel sending unit and gauge grounding question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have installed all new wiring and am having a little trouble getting the fuel gauge to work.

There is power going into the gauge. I tested the gauge by grounding the terminal for the sending unit and the gauge jumped to full.

My thought is that either the gauge or sending unit are not grounded properly buy I am not exactly sure how they are grounded.

All help is appreciated

Thanks

The signal wire from the sending unit to the instrument ohms out with continuity, correct?

Make a jumper wire and attach/touch it to the mounting screws of the sending unit and to the ground on the vehicle and see what the gauge does.

i have installed all new wiring and am having a little trouble getting the fuel gauge to work.

There is power going into the gauge. I tested the gauge by grounding the terminal for the sending unit and the gauge jumped to full.

My thought is that either the gauge or sending unit are not grounded properly buy I am not exactly sure how they are grounded.

The gage seeks ground through the sender.

And if the fuel tank/gauge is not grounded, the instrument will not indicate....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom