Fuel pump replacement parts and baselining jibberish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am planning a 3000 mile broverlanding/wheeling round trip trip out west in October, and I'm working through a complete baselining on my '94 with 235K. A lot of what I've done so far is peace of mind stuff since I have no idea what the POs did or didn't do. Next on my list is fuel pump replacement, and I'm checking to see if this list covers everything I need:

23217-16490
77169-60010
23219-03010
90430-12026 (x2)
23221-66040

Do I need to replace EFI relay while I'm at it? Part number?

I think I've got the bulk of the rest covered, but here is the list of what I've replaced up to now to get her ready for the next 100k. This list is all new, all OEM, except for TREs. If I'm missing anything, or if anyone has thoughts on additional stuffs, love to hear from the pros here.

Dist O ring
Fuse Link
Fan Clutch
Speedo Assembly O ring
Belts
All Rad Hoses
Plugs
Plug Wires
Dist Cap
Dist Rotor
PCV Valve and hoses
Valve Cover Gasket
Cleaned throttle body and new gasket
Tube Seals
Spark Plugs
Heater Valve (plastic was yellowing...matter of time)
Fuel Filter
Oil Pump Cover Gasket
Front Crankshaft Seal
Rear Main Seal
All small coolant hoses
PHH
Water Pump
Complete Birf Rebuild (new wheel bearings incl.)
Tie Rod Ends
Rebuilt front calipers (new pistons incl)

I've also:
Rear heater bypass
eliminated LPSV
disabled EGR
PAIR removal

Still to do:

Starter (rebuild or replace)
Alt (rebuild or replace)
All fluids, tranny drain and fill
Thermostat
Rear wheel bearings (replace or service)
U joints

Am I missing anything? It's nice to have zero leaks, and it's only taken me 3 years to get here!

Thanks Gents!

I am planning a 3000 mile broverlanding/wheeling round trip trip out west in October, and I'm working through a complete baselining on my '94 with 235K. A lot of what I've done so far is peace of mind stuff since I have no idea what the POs did or didn't do. Next on my list is fuel pump replacement, and I'm checking to see if this list covers everything I need:

23217-16490
77169-60010
23219-03010
90430-12026 (x2)
23221-66040

Do I need to replace EFI relay while I'm at it? Part number?

I think I've got the bulk of the rest covered, but here is the list of what I've replaced up to now to get her ready for the next 100k. This list is all new, all OEM, except for TREs. If I'm missing anything, or if anyone has thoughts on additional stuffs, love to hear from the pros here.

Dist O ring
Fuse Link
Fan Clutch
Speedo Assembly O ring
Belts
All Rad Hoses
Plugs
Plug Wires
Dist Cap
Dist Rotor
PCV Valve and hoses
Valve Cover Gasket
Cleaned throttle body and new gasket
Tube Seals
Spark Plugs
Heater Valve (plastic was yellowing...matter of time)
Fuel Filter
Oil Pump Cover Gasket
Front Crankshaft Seal
Rear Main Seal
All small coolant hoses
PHH
Water Pump
Complete Birf Rebuild (new wheel bearings incl.)
Tie Rod Ends
Rebuilt front calipers (new pistons incl)

I've also:
Rear heater bypass
eliminated LPSV
disabled EGR
PAIR removal

Still to do:

Starter (rebuild or replace)
Alt (rebuild or replace)
All fluids, tranny drain and fill
Thermostat
Rear wheel bearings (replace or service)
U joints

Am I missing anything? It's nice to have zero leaks, and it's only taken me 3 years to get here!

Thanks Gents!
Big job but has the HG been done? If your radiator is original I would definitely add that to the list in addition to the hoses you already did. I'd also look at PS pump and maybe fuel filter too, but not completely necessary PM in most cases. Outside that though really solid list, you should be set for a while.

Big job but has the HG been done? If your radiator is original I would definitely add that to the list in addition to the hoses you already did. I'd also look at PS pump and maybe fuel filter too, but not completely necessary PM in most cases. Outside that though really solid list, you should be set for a while.
I did rebuild the PS pump some time ago...forgot to add that. I did replace fuel filter. The radiator is not orginal, but no idea when it was replaced. it 'appears' fine and not having any temp probs, but I may give it another good flush before I leave. Thanks!

You asked "Do I need to replace EFI relay while I'm at it? Part number?"

I would not touch it since it is filed serviceable (I have it with me + extra fusible link)

Print this put it in your glove box and have all list of parts including the above with you:

I couldn't fined in your list

Thermostat??

And Baypas (new orings 2+1 and metal pipe)

1030012366.jpg
bp.JPG

If you removed the PAIR system you can change the heater hose to all metal pipe like a newer model all metal
87249B - PIPE, HEATER WATER OUTLET, B
87208-60161

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom