Fuel pump replacement and soft lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to be replacing my fuel pump, so I figured I should likely replace the soft lines while the access door is open. I assume there is a return and vent line that are accessible in the hatch, but are the other ends where they connect to the hard lines accessible from underneath by the exhaust, or is this more of a pickle that I'm imagining? They don't seem to be leaking, but they are pretty old and I'm sure the original ones, so I figure it's a good idea if it's possible.

I replaced my tank straps last summer and the lines from the fuel filler neck to the tank. You can reach everything without taking anything off. Other than the clamps, of course.

I completely forgot about the lines from the filler neck to tank. I'll add those two hoses to my parts list. There are very few threads that mention that soft lines around the tank, they seem to maybe be often overlooked.

I haven't had time to crawl under and see what is accessible, but glad to hear I can replace all without dropping the tank.

I replaced all fuel related hoses. It’s recorded in my build thread. The hoses at the tank were replaced earlier this year when I replaced a dented tank. The filler and vent hoses were hard as rocks but, surprisingly, the hoses that carry fuel to and from the engine were in very good shape.

Why are you replacing the fuel pump? They last “forever”. What pump do you plan to use? Aisin is usually the original part.

The fuel pump is a cheapy replacement the PO did. I think it might be related to some hard hot starts, but since I was going to replace the sock filter and hoses anyway, I thought I should just put a new OEM one in and forget about it forever.

I can see where the return line and the high pressure hose connect underneath, but where is the third line, the vent? I don't mean the lines that go to the filler tube, I can see those behind the crossmember.

Vapor recovery line:

A368A402-BD22-4959-8B42-1C157C55E260.png
96D32391-F356-4D7A-AE15-F5E4E2976E02.png

ah, perfect! now I just need to find where it pops out underneath and I'm all set. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom