Fuel pump recall šŸ˜Ž (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which Chicago-area dealer was this? I want to make sure I avoid like the plague

It's the same story all across the country. I asked them to put Mobil1 0w40 synth in mine since I tow often. And the exact response from the professional who we trust with our vehicles was "oh no, we can't do that, your engine will lock up solid within 10 minutes of leaving the dealership"..... I took my keys back and will never return there. The rates being charged at these places is ridiculous for the quality of talent they hire.

It's the same story all across the country. I asked them to put Mobil1 0w40 synth in mine since I tow often. And the exact response from the professional who we trust with our vehicles was "oh no, we can't do that, your engine will lock up solid within 10 minutes of leaving the dealership"..... I took my keys back and will never return there. The rates being charged at these places is ridiculous for the quality of talent they hire.
You should see what Land Rover charges for an oil change on the Range Rover. I heard upwards of $750. Not sure if thatā€™s true but seems pretty insane to me. The only reason I keep my service with a Toyota dealership is that every car Iā€™ve ever sold from Bentley, Mercs, Porsches, 200ā€™s, Iā€™m always asked where it was serviced and a detail of records. In my personal experience, the buyer always preferred it being done at a branded dealership šŸ¤·šŸ» I wish more people would be just as happy with a great Indy shop. Itā€™s not like we are getting oil changes and service repairs from some back ally shop.

You should see what Land Rover charges for an oil change on the Range Rover. I heard upwards of $750. Not sure if thatā€™s true but seems pretty insane to me. The only reason I keep my service with a Toyota dealership is that every car Iā€™ve ever sold from Bentley, Mercs, Porsches, 200ā€™s, Iā€™m always asked where it was serviced and a detail of records. In my personal experience, the buyer always preferred it being done at a branded dealership šŸ¤·šŸ» I wish more people would be just as happy with a great Indy shop. Itā€™s not like we are getting oil changes and service repairs from some back ally shop.
But youā€™re keeping your LC200 forever, right? :D

Which Chicago-area dealer was this? I want to make sure I avoid like the plague

Me too!!! Even though I never service my LC at Toyota Dealer. I recommend BUR Auto in Addison.

But youā€™re keeping your LC200 forever, right? :D
Lol! You sound like my wife. šŸ¤£ Thatā€™s still the plan but they better make sure the fuel pump is installed correctly. When it comes to SUVs that are reliable, my options are limited. This 200 isnā€™t going anywhere anytime soon

We have a 2018. Took it in two weeks ago for the recall. After driving around for a week the check engine comes on with the track control light. It throws the p0171 and p0174 codes so we took it back to the dealer.

They stated that one of the gasket was not seated correctly and replaced it. Its only been a day but hopefully that's the last of it. I know another member on here had the same codes, hopefully it was just us!

this f...up was done at Fieds Lexus Glenview .....illinois
Thanks, good to know, I'll add to my "shops to avoid" list (which is slowly getting longer)

FWIW I've had good luck at Bredemann Toyota in Park Ridge (on Dempster near I-294). Might not help w/ a Lexus though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom