Fuel pump recall 😎 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So .. I have fuel pump recall and seat belt recall done , amazing quality job 👎🏻‼️

1835DD50-3977-42E2-B532-71AB7000D1D2.jpeg

67B2C582-64B2-4FF5-9109-4CA002EA7B1A.jpeg

42A864B9-0D8E-40C3-920B-FD18209B617F.jpeg

WTAF? What is zip tied together? Do they remove the door jamb for the seatbelt fix?

Damn. Now I am having second thoughts about bringing my LC in.

Why did they even loosen the hangar? Should go in through the access panel.

Hold on guys ... nothing against LC /LX , just those damn grease monkey working at dealerships, I’m doing all nacessery works on my vehicles by my self , I do not care about seat belts recall , just by watching YouTube videos of fuel pump job , I was thinking why not let some “professional “ do the work .little worry about actually how new fuel pump went in ❓coat hanger will be my choice 😎

Not a joke , they offer to repleace door things, step ? , guess what, I have to massage everything around so it fit perfect, I’m telling you guys , the time of decent mechanics are over ‼️And fuel tank skid plate ? I will adress it by my self , or I let my granddaughter do it ,

if a dealership left that bolt out you need to tell the service manager, someone needs a talking to. And that shop needs a QC process.

There are so many meatheads, clowns or mulletheads walking around this world.....they tend to gravitate to Toyota/Lexus...... the foreman at my local lexus dealership cannot count to 10 and everybody that he works under says he smartest guy there......

There are so many meatheads, clowns or mulletheads walking around this world.....they tend to gravitate to Toyota/Lexus...... the foreman at my local lexus dealership cannot count to 10 and everybody that he works under says he smartest guy there......
yep , this official now days , welcome to the new WORLD :rofl:

I just had my fuel pump replaced for recall a couple days ago. I was driving home doing 77-78mph and heard three loud pops coming from middle to rear of vehicle. It sounded like I blew a rear tire. The three pops where spread out over 5secs of each other and then it didn’t happen for the next 20+mins driving home. I did slow down to 68mph to be a little more cautious and try. I jumped on it the last mile home and the sound didn’t come back. I left a message with my service guy. My wife said it sounded like a backfire. Any thoughts? My oil pressure gauge was reading between 1/4 to 1/3. I checked my oil after letting it sit when I was home and the oil was just above the second hole on dipstick.

I just had my fuel pump replaced for recall a couple days ago. I was driving home doing 77-78mph and heard three loud pops coming from middle to rear of vehicle. It sounded like I blew a rear tire. The three pops where spread out over 5secs of each other and then it didn’t happen for the next 20+mins driving home. I did slow down to 68mph to be a little more cautious and try. I jumped on it the last mile home and the sound didn’t come back. I left a message with my service guy. My wife said it sounded like a backfire. Any thoughts? My oil pressure gauge was reading between 1/4 to 1/3. I checked my oil after letting it sit when I was home and the oil was just above the second hole on dipstick.
Oil pressure seems fine. The loud noise location you described was in the area of the fuel pump. Best have that re-checked, especially based on the awful experience of samuraj.

yep , this official now days , welcome to the new WORLD :rofl:
And getting worse. It used to be the dealer's shop was twice the price of an indy shop but you took it to the dealer for service because they used the right parts, you could really trust the work and they where honest. Not any more. The best you get at most dealers today is the correct overpriced parts. There are some that are still great but they are getting harder and harder to find. Today it's find a good indy mechanic you trust and scrap the dealer. If you take your vehicle to a dealer for an oil change you shouldn't have a thought "geez I hope they didn't forget to put oil in and the plug is there."

The zip tie is hilarious.

There is such a diverse crowd on this forum. Normal drivers to extreme mods. It would be great to see some sort of "sticky" post where people can list the dealership that did shoddy work. With pictures like shown above. There seems to be some hesitation about calling out the dealers name and location? This world is changing. It can be used to an advantage. If these dealerships that do poor work get blown up online they will start to notice. Toyota corporate pays attention to this website. Bad reviews online carry a lot of weight today. Blast them out, show pictures, and explain why and what was done incorrectly. Let the dealership respond.

Blast them out on google reviews as well. But don't be a Karen or Diane.

The evap hose has never gone through the fuel filler clip in the second picture. That isn't a reassembly mistake.

The zip tie was supposed to hold in the seat belt anchor wasn’t it. Must have had the instructions upside down....

Zip tie appears to be holding the fuel tank heat shield up.

And yes, you need to remove the door sill trim (both front and rear) to get to the seat belt trim. Removal is a 1 minute operation.

This is effing ridiculous, but the worst part is exactly what I would expect based on my experiences with dealership monkeys at Toyota and other brands in the past. That's why I did not take my 2015 in. I was asking around here what dealership in Boston are is least likely to **** up things. I still did not dare.

This is effing ridiculous, but the worst part is exactly what I would expect based on my experiences with dealership monkeys at Toyota and other brands in the past. That's why I did not take my 2015 in. I was asking around here what dealership in Boston are is least likely to f*** up things. I still did not dare.
If the LX had a better multi-media system(not joystick thing) I would probably have bought it instead for the better service experience. So far, my Toyota service center seems really good but I question “how good” are the actual techs if the fuel pump that was replaced wasn’t done correctly. Will find out more this week when they look at it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom