Fuel pump issue I really hope i'm wrong about (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This one. Two on top, one on the side.

CC361019-36A9-4DA8-A469-891EE6111056.jpeg

If you’re thinking the worst case is the fuel pump lobe on the cam got eaten, you could use a generic Bosch electric fuel pump. Not ideal, but an option.

I’m guessing Felicity has your issue nailed - s***ty aftermarket pump.

yea i took an inspection camera into the hole in the engine, the cams look fine

now for my next question

what would be your recommended place to acquire one of these

yea i took an inspection camera into the hole in the engine, the cams look fine

now for my next question

what would be your recommended place to acquire one of these
My go to is always Cruiser Outfit. Still listed for something like $87.

How does your fuel filter look? It could be that your pump is okay but rust has found its way into the fuel screen in the carb. Regardless, get a Kyosan pump. Check for rust in your lines.

did you put the spacer on between pump and block?

upload_2018-2-22_18-37-50-jpeg.1639702

the fuel filter is a little dingy, but it's been replaced a few times. I did think it was the carb until that pump wasn't working on the vehicle
i never took the old spacer off. It's still there.

the fuel filter is a little dingy, but it's been replaced a few times. I did think it was the carb until that pump wasn't working on the vehicle
i never took the old spacer off. It's still there.
My spacer was on good and tight so I didn’t replace it either. It looked and felt smooth. Good luck, I definitely am watching to see how the new pump does for you.

also ,

spend the $8 , go to the dealer and buy a new FJ60 fuel filter ,

ONLY a dealer filter , so skimping Here

the toyota OEM one is Larger them the aftermarket ones they sell under the 22R pickup application as well

Part# 23300 - 38010

also ,

spend the $8 , go to the dealer and buy a new FJ60 fuel filter ,

ONLY a dealer filter , so skimping Here

the toyota OEM one is Larger them the aftermarket ones they sell under the 22R pickup application as well

Part# 23300 - 38010

I've not been using the 22R filter
Or the one the auto parts store says to use

I've just been walking in, finding something that is the same hose size as my fuel lines and fits in the bracket

I've not been using the 22R filter
Or the one the auto parts store says to use

I've just been walking in, finding something that is the same hose size as my fuel lines and fits in the bracket

maybe , that could be a issue o_O

For a fuel filter I've always used WIX 33204. $3.05 on Rock Auto. Never had a problem with one. Just ordered two of them yesterday. One to replace and the other to keep on hand. Arrow on the top points in the direction of fuel flow.

I also use a Kyosan pump, can't remember if I've had experience with any others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom