Fuel pump in fj60 2f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just wondering how hard it is to put a new pump in. Mine has gone bad i think because of the sludge that was in the tank. I have searched the forums but havent found anything on it.

Fuel pump for an FJ60 w/ 2F is easy. It's on the pass. side of the block.
A 62 is another story. Inside the fuel tank.

Fuel pump for an FJ60 w/ 2F is easy. It's on the pass. side of the block.
A 62 is another story. Inside the fuel tank.

ahh, just a mechanical fuel pump then? I've heard you can repair those instead of buying a new one. Any truth to that?

ahh, just a mechanical fuel pump then? I've heard you can repair those instead of buying a new one. Any truth to that?

Just get a new one. Heck I've heard a NAPA one is like $30. If you've ever changed a chevy mechanical fuel pump then you already know what to do.

three hose clamps, two bolts....12mm if i recall, and it's all good.
can be challening to get to. it's behind the ac compressor.
you can see if it has gone bad, they have a witness hole. if you have gas there then you know it's done.

1978-earlier pumps can be disassembled and repaired.

79-newer are crimped together and non-serviceable. Just get a brand new one from FLAPS. Be sure it is a Kyosan (OEM) when it comes out of the box. There are some china junk ones coming in now.:rolleyes:

Ok, I'll bite ... FLAPS (F****ing Losers Auto Parts Store) ??

Also make sure you get the original/new spacer back in between the block and the fuel pump.

And both sides of the spacer need a gasket.....most of the new ones only come with one gasket.

Ok, I'll bite ... FLAPS (F****ing Losers Auto Parts Store) ??

Close.:D

Friendly Local Auto Parts Store.

This acronym is used on other auto forums, but not on 'Mud.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom