Fuel Pump Diaphragm Rod Differences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
Were there different types of end features on the F engine and early 2F engine fuel pump diaphragm rods - the feature that captures the pump arm?

The photo shows one type, but the one I had was tee-shaped, without a hole, as shown in @red66toy's rebuild video:

Fuel Pump Diaphragm Rod - 1.png

Interesting, I have not see that end. The diaphragms between the early 60s pump and the late 70s pump were almost identical... even that rod T.

I found this image on a forklift website:

pull-rod-difference-945-993FPK-3-.jpeg

Is it possible one is for the earlier style with the hand primer? I have taken a fuel pump apart in a few years. Never torn down the one with and without the hand primer at the same time.

Hey @4Cruisers I found more info on that odd hook diaphragm! It looks like the 25/28 had that style rod end and some of the very early 40 series. I am not sure on the exact date of the transition to the more ubiquitous T-end rod. I met a guy last night with a real survivor 1962 FJ40 and his fuel pump had the early hook style. So I am guessing maybe a transition around 62/63? Hopefully someone has some parts books around those years.
exploded diagram .jpeg

Thanks for the follow-up! Good information.

I think the transition was within the hand primer pump era. All my hand primer pumps have the T-shaped rod end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom