Fuel Pump compatibility 2006 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys

I'm having really hard time finding a replacement fuel pump. All the ones that I see that are supposed to be compatible differ in the following areas:

1) Electrical connection tabs are in series other than parallel meaning I would have to source a new plug and cut wires. See picture 1
2) On my existing one the fuel filter seems to be an integral part of the pump. All the ones available have this as separate (See picture 2)
3) My existing one has a rubber cap on the bottom(See picture 3)

For further reference my existing one seems to have part number of 05g27

All help appreciated on where I can source this thing or a part number before I go to stealership

IMG_8716.jpg

IMG_8720.jpg

picture 2.jpg

picture 3.jpg

Picture 1.jpg

Ok Should have searched forum before answering. There is a previous post about exactly this. Part Number is 2322050160. Im gonna try the denso one as mentioned above

If I do decide to go OEM . Best price Im seeing is around $337 from Toyota Parts deal. Any recommendations on where else to source

Ok Should have searched forum before answering. There is a previous post about exactly this. Part Number is 2322050160. Im gonna try the denso one as mentioned above

If I do decide to go OEM . Best price Im seeing is around $337 from Toyota Parts deal. Any recommendations on where else to source
OEM is definitely an option. 2001LC posted a link in that other thread above the link I pasted and it shows $317 from a dealer in VA.

Did anyone replace the fuel tank seal? Is this necessary and if so what is the part number?

Also want to say how much I appreciate this forum. Helps get the job done.

Did anyone replace the fuel tank seal? Is this necessary and if so what is the part number?

Best practice is to replace the seal/gasket when replacing the pump. Toyota considers it a non-reusable part.

Gasket:
Part No.: 7716933020
FOR FUEL TANK SUCTION TUBE - $16.78

Try- Denso 950-0210

$107 on RA

Denso offers with and with out. I dont recommend reusing the sock- the plastic fitting gets stiff being in the fuel for years and may crack, leak etc.

8k miles and more than 1 year ago and still no issues on my 06
789B04C3-F5B9-4066-8461-48ACAEE5EEC0.jpeg

Got it from amazon that time. Props to JerryB for the part number.

Denso offers with and with out. I dont recommend reusing the sock- the plastic fitting gets stiff being in the fuel for years and may crack, leak etc.
link to denso with fuel sock? I could not find that i just reused the old sock. also i thought today on my run that these fuel filters probably do 2x work because of the poor gas mileage on the truck!

P/n in post #8 is supposed to come with strainer (sock)

hmm ya thats what i ordered it comes with a pre filter sock but it is not nearly the same as oem, its not a "direct fit"

hmm ya thats what i ordered it comes with a pre filter sock but it is not nearly the same as oem, its not a "direct fit"
You will need to reuse the original with that Denso 950-0210. The filter it comes with is for the Sequoia. If you want/need a new filter, you will need to buy the assembly which comes with the new cage, sock, etc. and spend about $150 more. It is a tradeoff, but I have not had any issues reusing the original sock, but mine wasn't too dirty/clogged.

You will need to reuse the original with that Denso 950-0210. The filter it comes with is for the Sequoia. If you want/need a new filter, you will need to buy the assembly which comes with the new cage, sock, etc. and spend about $150 more. It is a tradeoff, but I have not had any issues reusing the original sock, but mine wasn't too dirty/clogged.
Yup that's what I did someone else said it came with a new compatible filter and that's when I got confused. Thank you. I reused the old one when I installed a month ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom