Fuel line send/receive on 1980 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting back together my 1980 FJ40 and I forgot to mark the send receive lines on the fuel tank. I’d love if someone could verify the send revive for me. I included a picture of the tank. Thanks in advance.

468688E5-1A01-4ADD-9222-BF9D96DBD582.jpeg

Putting back together my 1980 FJ40 and I forgot to mark the send receive lines on the fuel tank. I’d love if someone could verify the send revive for me. I included a picture of the tank. Thanks in advance.

Mine is still in the truck (has never been out); let me see if I can figure it out and let you know.

That must not be a stock tank? It says: "Made in Canada".

It’s an aftermarket 22 gal tank but I believe it he fuel suction should be the same

if there is 5 gallons of gas in the tank, blow into 1 line, hear bubbles, that is the suction hear nothing, that is the return

Just unscrew the 5 machine screws holding the disc with the 2 steel tubes. The longer inner tube that goes down to the bottom of the tank is your draw line, the shorter one is your return.

Spending some time removing the rust on that unit before reinstalling will pay off in the long run.

Just unscrew the 5 machine screws holding the disc with the 2 steel tubes. The longer inner tube that goes down to the bottom of the tank is your draw line, the shorter one is your return.

Spending some time removing the rust on that unit before reinstalling will pay off in the long run.
Thanks! Great suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom