fuel line routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When the fuel lines enter the engine compartment, how are they routed? Of the two metal lines coming off the frame rail, does the one closest the firewall route its way to the 'return' side of the fuel pump? And does the other one route through the fuel filter to the 'inlet' side? I'm trying to diagnose some stumbling upon acceleration (Just about changed EVERYTHING and at my last wits) and when I looked at a friends 60, his 'fuel filter' line fed into the 'return' side of the fuel pump. I tried this and it seemed to run 98% better than the correct way. Just trying to make sure all the lines are right. My rig is a 87' fj60.

The symptom is this: Idles smooth and fine; upon acceleration (and just working the throttle standing still) the motor 'bogs' down, seems to just 'fall flat' at the 1800-2400 rpm range, then 'works' through this and goes fine. Recent carb rebuild by Mark's Offroad (unknown if it was returned to me with the settings all set or if I had to tune the carb myself.). If anyone has a frag grenade, bring it over. Thanks.:bang:

I don't know the specific answer to your question, but the fuel filter should be connected to the inlet of the fuel pump (nozzle with red arrow). The outlet to the carb is the nozzle on the side and and the return to the tank, is the long one on top.

If you have a fuel supply problem, you should be able to see the level drop in sight glass on the side of the carb fuel bowl.

have your replaced your fuel filter? What about your fuel pump?
fuel pump.JPG

Yeah, new fuel pump, filter and lines which are in the engine compartment. When I throttle it while looking at the 'sight window' the level is right-on as the bog down occurs. Just put in new egr modulator, used egr valve, ignition wires, cap, rotor, plugs. Changed out all vacuum lines; one shop said I had no intake gasket leak because I changed that to a Remflex one a few months ago, don't now if I trust that shop though. I have a new gasket and updated bolts from SOR I can still try, if its an intake leak. VACUUM GAUGE READING ABOUT 15hg's. seemed to run better with the egr plugged too. Maybe the vsv for the modulator is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom