Fuel Line + Nut that goes into tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had NO success finding a replacement fuel line to screw into my '69 fuel tank. Any ideas where to look?? I have gone to local automotive stores, searched the cruiser suppliers etc with nothing showing up at all. Any recomendations are much appreciated.:cheers:

I think you'll find that it's a witworth british thread. I searched for weeks for one with no success. I called Mark at Marks Offroad and had him send me one. I don't remember what the charge was but at the time I didn't care. Many people "make things fit" I'm not one of those especially when the tank is right next to me and I smoke! I'd call mark and be done with it. Godd Luck-Ken

Thank you for your feedback. It does seem odd that noone else knows anything about this! I would think old fuel lines harden and break like mine all the time!?!

I'm pretty sure it's the same threads as whats on the carb fuel line. I bought the nuts and the little ferrels from toyota. Works just fine.

I have an early FJ55 tank. I would assume it would work.

This was an old nut I had laying around.

1247921-DSC00087.JPG

Yes your right it is the same thread. I was going to do the same but the nut bottomed out and I could not get a positive seat on both sides of the furrel. I don't like to leave anything to chance. If something can go wrong then it will for me. My middle name should have been Murphy. I'm sure with the right amount of time and file work one can make a hard line to fit, I rather call Mark and have a new one sent and run it the whole way up to the fuel pump.

My problem was when I got the Junker it had two gas tanks. I picked the best looking one and had it dipped and epoxy coated inside and poly coated on the outside. When I mounted it I didn't realize it was an older tank with a gallon or two extra thus being a bit taller, secondly I lost the old fuel line for it. It's all good now with new seat brackets and a few new bolts. I'm happy to have an extra gallon or two of gas as well.

Yes, I know I posted on this last year. Between moving cross-country and getting completely burned out on this project time passed. I did not know how to go about taking your advice last time and was hoping someone else would have an idea on an easier solution this time around.

I am not a complete moron here as I have gone to two Toyota-specific mechanics who have both been stumped as to how I should get a fuel line with this fitting. I do however appreciate everyone’s advice/posts. Have a great day.:cheers:

I am not a complete moron here as I have gone to two Toyota-specific mechanics who have both been stumped as to how I should get a fuel line with this fitting. I do however appreciate everyone’s advice/posts. Have a great day.:cheers:

No one is implying or accusing you of being a moron.

I have met many Toyota-specific dealership mechanics that do not know the first thing about a Land Cruiser, especially one that is 38 years old. They were not and are not a common vehicle for them to see at a dealership, or many other foreign-specializing repair facilities for that matter.

Try contacting Marks Off Road he should be able to help you.

Good luck!

-Steve

No.....No I am a moron but only about 60%;) Appreciate your help I will get ahold of Marks off Road.

No one is implying or accusing you of being a moron.

I have met many Toyota-specific dealership mechanics that do not know the first thing about a Land Cruiser, especially one that is 38 years old. They were not and are not a common vehicle for them to see at a dealership, or many other foreign-specializing repair facilities for that matter.

Try contacting Marks Off Road he should be able to help you.

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom