Fuel Leaking from Passenger Side after removing Fuel Rail Assembly to Replace Starter! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Starter was starting to act up so I decided it would be best to go ahead and replace it so the car can be trusted to start when it needs to. We got everything back together and I drove it about 30 miles no problem. The next day however, I began to smell gasoline while driving; and, after checking under the car it seems to be leaking fuel, but only while it is running. I think it's probably to do with the high-pressure fuel line.

I've looked back there the best I can but can't see any evidence of a leak when the car is not running. Anyone have sn idea of what could be loose/leaking?

(2000 Land Cruiser 252k mi)

When you replaced the starter, have you removed the whole intake with injectors attached or you removed the injectors first and then removed the intake?
We removed the intake and then the injectors I believe. I think I may have solved it, though. I need to remove the injectors, clean them, and the same with the fuel rail.
If you have any more input though, I'm open!

Thanks!

Could’ve pinched one of the seals on the injectors when you reinstalled. I’ve done this reinstalling the intake and fuel rail/injectors.

FSM calls for all new gaskets when those are removed. Make sure to insert them correctly. Also make sure to tighten all the associated bolts down. Not that I would have any experience with leaving some bolts loose and spraying fuel all over my engine bay…😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom