Fuel leak when idling near engine block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I noticed that some fuel is leaking when idling from the front right (facing) part of the engine block. The area it's coming from is underneath nut along a flat bar, where the arm attaches to the throttle. There's a big spring underneath... wondering if the spring wasn't attached correctly/loosened? Any thoughts on what may be causing it? I'm not at home (about 50 miles out, over the mountain). Should I be concerned about driving it?

Thanks!

Offically, that is the LH side according to Toyota. Im guessing we are talking about the fuel injection pump. Give it a cleanup and take some pics. Sounds like an Oring has given up . It will be ok as long as its not gushing out.

This is someone elses "leaking pic" , is it the same?

Offically, that is the LH side according to Toyota. Im guessing we are talking about the fuel injection pump. Give it a cleanup and take some pics. Sounds like an Oring has given up . It will be ok as long as its not gushing out.

This is someone elses "leaking pic" , is it the same?

View attachment 1900887

Yep, that's it exactly!! Drove it home and got things apart and tightened up and it's slowed down (from every 3-5 seconds to a minute. I'll order some o-rings.
Thanks for your reply!!

These trucks when they started to come into Canada many years ago were notorious for having leaking Fuel pumps, they all started off small and progressively got worse. If you do not know the history of it I would be tempted to send it in for a rebuild to make sure everything is ok if you have the funds.

Yeah, expect the leaks to come back somewhere else. Without a full strip down of the pump, everything is a band aid. The pumps have a small amount of pressure inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom