Fuel leak around carb-need help ASAP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went to help my son at college this week. Need some help. His 1987 FJ60 is starting hard and has no power when driving. I rode 2 hours to take a look. Found that when cranking over gas is collecting on the intake manifold around the carb. Could not see where it was coming from. I need to go back this weekend and trailer the truck home so I can pull the carb and try to find the source.

Anyone have a similar experience that can give me some direction? This is his only transportation so I need to fix it quick.
Thanks, Ken

x2 on the rigid fuel line. I forgot to tighten mine back up when I reinstalled my carb, and it just belched gas onto the manifold when I pumped the pedal to get the engine primed for its first start. Then, of course, I forgot to plug the idle cut-off solenoid back in, and spent a while chasing that problem around, but that's another story.

I did not put a wrench on the rigid line, but I did not visually see any leaking there. It seemed to be somewhere out of sight. I didn't know if there was a line somewhere else that might be cracked or loose or some area on the carb that could be broken. When he cranks it over I can't see a leak, but can see gas puddle up on the top of the manifold. It was cold and dark the night I was up there, so not much wrenching went on. I went up there thinking he had very little gas in the tank and no dry gas in it and figuered we just needed to fill it up and treat it.

Thanks Scott, I will check that. It is definately in the right area for the way the gas was appearing. I will check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom