fuel injectors.....who reconditions them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to the 80 side, so please excuse my ignorance. My 83k mile LX450 is ridiculously slow. I understand they are not speed demons but i need to try to get this engine to perform as good as possible. I read somewhere here an outfit cleans and conditions my existing fuel injectors but cant find a link....anyboby have any experience with performance and mpg gain? I get approximately 325 per tank, half highway, half town.

I am new to the 80 side, so please excuse my ignorance. My 83k mile LX450 is ridiculously slow. I understand they are not speed demons but i need to try to get this engine to perform as good as possible. I read somewhere here an outfit cleans and conditions my existing fuel injectors but cant find a link....anyboby have any experience with performance and mpg gain? I get approximately 325 per tank, half highway, half town.

325 per tank? That's 13 mpg - I doubt you'll get much improvement over that.

x2. 325 is good. If you want faster, get a blower or a 100 series. It's a pretty good amount of work to pull the injectors off, I don't see a ROI there. Plus, you only have 83K, which is not much.

That said, I did get mine done, but that was because I had 1 bad injector and it was throwing codes and running terribly. I couldn't go over 60 and it shook violently. So besides just putting in 1 new injector, I had the other 5 cleaned by a local shop since it was already open. It ended up being about $200 for the five including the rubber seals.

any suggestions or just call it good? Naw, i wont go 100, i like the 80, just thinking of smaller ways to improve mpg and performance. If 13mpg is the best it'll do.....well, i'll just deal with it.

+1 for witchhunter. I've used them a few times and he does a top notch job.

13? mine only gets 10!

I often get better than 15mpg. I also had my injectors serviced less than 10K ago. ;)

any suggestions or just call it good? Naw, i wont go 100, i like the 80, just thinking of smaller ways to improve mpg and performance. If 13mpg is the best it'll do.....well, i'll just deal with it.

Being a Montrose resident myself the elevation does tax them a bit. We put 315 tires on ours and regeared to 488s made a huge improvement. The wife keeps track of mileage in ours and in the summer it gets around 15-16mpg but when the winter grade gas comes in it drops by a couple. I love that winter oxygenated fuel to help cut emissions. How can it cut anything when you use more. Oh well, I guess it makes people feel like they're doing something. Might try bumping the timing a little as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom