Fuel Injectors - FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Day Everyone,

This is my first posting here, so I am a noob. I’m not real knowledgeable when it comes to automotive stuff and have been attempting to learn.

That being said, I purchased the Injector Dynamics fuel injectors from City Racer for my FJ62. Trying to get the vehicle running quickly, therefore had a shop install the injectors. They installed the injectors and have stated that they are “high performance” injectors and will need to be tuned down.

Has anyone else encountered this? Installed these injectors? Solutions.

Thank you in advance!

Please don’t blast me…if I wanted that I would go talk to the wife. 😂

If City Racer is selling them I find it hard to believe they need to be "de tuned" to run in a 3FE. It's likely they're CAPABLE of higher performance (which in an injector boils down to higher flow rate at a given duty cycle) when the demand is there, but I would be amazed if they won't work for a stock 3FE right off the bench.

If City Racer is selling them I find it hard to believe they need to be "de tuned" to run in a 3FE. It's likely they're CAPABLE of higher performance (which in an injector boils down to higher flow rate at a given duty cycle) when the demand is there, but I would be amazed if they won't work for a stock 3FE right off the bench.
Honestly, that was my thoughts as well. I’m waiting for a response from City Racer. They have closed for the holiday.

I appreciate everyone’s response this far.

Hi, Still send your old set to be rebuilt as a back up or sell them to me. City racers should work. What systems is the cruiser showing now?

Just wanted to provide an update and resolution to the original posting.

I came to the conclusion that the most efficient way to get the 62 back on the road was to purchase new injectors. I ended up purchasing some on eBay from “osidetiger”. I will likely end up sending the originals off to be rebuilt as well, to have a spare set handy.

I advised City Racer of the predicament with the injectors and they agreed to allow me to return the product as it didn’t work as advertised. The customer service from City Racer was outstanding and I will definitely purchase from them again in the future.

Thank you to all who responded to the initial posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom