Fuel injector refurbishing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I have some injectors that I need to have refurbished. Have any of you used a place that you would recommend.

Thanks for the help.
Rick

A search will give you loads of info on this topic.

But off the top of my head, Witchhunter and RC Engineering are two.

I'll 2nd Witchhunter. Always gotten great service though their prices are on the high side. Lots of great info on their website as well.

I'll 2nd Witchhunter. Always gotten great service though their prices are on the high side. Lots of great info on their website as well.

So you've actually used Witchhunter?

Rick

I have used witchhunter and they are some of the best in the business. If you don't have a shop local that you trust send them out to witchhunter they will come back good as new.

Thanks for the help. I'll be sending them to Witchhunter tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Rick

I had excellent service from WitchHunter Performance.
In fact, I screwed up and didn't install my injectors within his recommended time frame and two of them got sticky. He recleaned the entire set for free. I would call that great customer service.
He replaces all the injector "socks", both seals, and provides the flow info on the finished parts. For a bit extra you can get the "before" numbers too.

I had excellent service from WitchHunter Performance.
In fact, I screwed up and didn't install my injectors within his recommended time frame and two of them got sticky. He recleaned the entire set for free. I would call that great customer service.
He replaces all the injector "socks", both seals, and provides the flow info on the finished parts. For a bit extra you can get the "before" numbers too.

This is the first time I've messed with injectors...what are the "socks"

Just curious, why do you think your injectors need refurbishing?

This is the first time I've messed with injectors...what are the "socks"

They are little filters in the inlet end of the injector. Really fine screen to keep bigger particles from fouling the injector. I didn't know they were removable until I found them in the "old parts" bag Gordon sent with the cleaned injectors.

Just curious, why do you think your injectors need refurbishing?

It was idling low and rough and since I'm not very good at troubleshooting (a man needs to know his limitations right?) I took it to a mechanic friend and he checked it out and said the #6 injector wasn't working.

It was idling low and rough and since I'm not very good at troubleshooting (a man needs to know his limitations right?) I took it to a mechanic friend and he checked it out and said the #6 injector wasn't working.

Hope it does the trick.

Just FYI the #5 and #6 injector wiring runs right next to the egr valve plumbing, and commonly gets burned/damaged. I'd guess it's much more likely that the wiring is bad than the injector is.

Just FYI the #5 and #6 injector wiring runs right next to the egr valve plumbing, and commonly gets burned/damaged. I'd guess it's much more likely that the wiring is bad than the injector is.

Yeah, I checked the wiring harness and heat wrap around the 5 and 6 injectors and they looked all right, but you make a good point so I'll check it one more time just to be sure.
Thanks for the heads up.

Rick

Yeah, I checked the wiring harness and heat wrap around the 5 and 6 injectors and they looked all right, but you make a good point so I'll check it one more time just to be sure. Thanks for the heads up. Rick

I would put an ohm meter on it and check the wiring from the ECU to the injector connector, do it while wiggling the wire (easier with a helper). For the answer to your original question, I have used RC Engineering to rebuild/balance injectors and was very happy with the service.

I Cleaned my injectors my self . With a big farm animal syringe from tractor supply and plastic tubing from Lowes. I connected the tubing to the injector and to the syringe,Filled the syringe with Carb cleaner. And wired the injector to a push button. And held pressure to the syringe full of Carb cleaner while I pressed the push switch to Let the cleaner flow threw. Just an cheap idea. Also help pressure to injector to check for leakage.

Did your mechanic it check with a Noid light?
This will easily determine whether it's an injector issue, or a damaged harness.

Did your mechanic it check with a Noid light?
This will easily determine whether it's an injector issue, or a damaged harness.

Yeah, that's how he knew it was the #6 injector.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom