Fuel Injector Insulators- help identifying (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question: From the pictures, do I have the insulators for the injectors and all of the necessary rubber bits to swap out all the old stuff? This rebuilt set is NOT from my vehicle, so I don't know what is there currently.

I have seen posts talking about replacing insulators too and want to make sure what I have is sufficient to do the job. Pictures show a couple rebuilt injectors and some rubber grommets type objects.

Fyi- I am replacing all 8, just took pictures of 2. Top inject still has protective rubber cap on it.
PXL_20230317_173838530.jpg
PXL_20230317_173856844.jpg

Last edited:
So the three parts are the vibration isolator that goes on the bottom, the grommet at the upper portion, and finally the o-ring at the top.

In your picture the vibration isolator is the two pieces sitting on the paper separate from the injectors, one goes on each shown. The grommet is shown installed on both injectors; it is the rubber piece above the electrical connection. The o-ring goes on the top most portion. I believe I see it on the left injector but I can’t confirm on the right injector from that picture.

The other thing to verify is the injector should have a mesh cap thing on the bottom of it (side opposite the electrical connection). I believe it is the black piece installed on the bottom injector.

The two rubber seals on the paper. Look to be the ones that go into the intake manifold 8 ports for injectors fit into. You'll see at top of injector, an O-ring and grommet. Which fit up into fuel rail (98-05)

These are the three for 2000.

Screenshot_20230319_191607_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230319_192254_Chrome.jpg

What you have pictured sits on the bottom of the injector and creates the seal between injector and manifold.
One of your injectors has a rubber cap on the bottom that will need to come off.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help! The bottom of the injectors do have a mesh cap; I took off the rubber protective caps to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom