Fuel Injection ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

I've toyed with the idea of restoring an FJ40. Trouble is, I don't own one. So I'm now doing the required background research. I've located a 1977 candidate, but the engine is an F2 with fuel injection. Fuel injection??? Were any FJ40s originally manufactured with fuel injection? I'm looking for an OEM FJ40. What's up?

Cheers,
FJ40 Kroozr

The injection was added......

if its a good deal I'd buy it.....

the fi can be removed if you like the carb thing.....

post up a couple pics.....

Yep, and if you remove the fuel injection and go back to the carburetor thing, you will be returning from about 21 mpg back down to about 12-14 mpg, no high altitude compensation, no richness/leanness compensation, and relying upon someone who can hopefully make a rebuild stick!!!!!!.

If the EFI conversion was done well and the wiring isn't a total mess keep it.

More often than not, though, the EFI Was done as a hack job and the wiring is going to be a nightmare. I wound up rewiring a TBI injected truck (the FJ40 had a TBI chev 350) a few years ago where the person who did the wiring initially started doing it right, but then got lazy and hacked it. In the end it took so much solder, shrink and time that it would have been better to just rip the wiring out, get an aftermarket EFI harness and started over from scratch or have put a carb back on the engine.
Now the truck runs great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom