Fuel injection in toyota trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I read that toyota trails did a right up of the Holley fuel injection system for cruisers this fall. &nbsp:Does anyone know the details or have a copy?

Preacherman, the kit they used was for the 258 j**p engine, the vehicle it was installed on was a late 70's FJ55 with a 2F. I recall they had to fabricate a new spacer to bolt the new throttle body to the stock intake manifold, a few other simple brakets had to be fabricated for linkages and stuff. I think it was in the early fall issue of toyota trails (the one with the red FJ40 on the cover) Hope that helps :G

the computer?Re: Fuel injection in toyota trails

Gus, Thats helps alot thanks. &nbsp:Do you remember if they had to re-program the computer?

Preacherman, You got me there on reprogramming the computer, although I don't remember reading about it in the article. :dunno:

yea  the article was the sept/oct 2002 issue. An article by John Lescenski. I'm also seriously considering this set up. I like the the 2F engine even if it weighs 200lbs more than a vortec 5.3. I'd kind a like a 5.3 too though ::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom