fuel injected F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So provided I unsieze the F and it's okay.Has anyone done a chevy TBI conversion on an F engine I know the displacement is a little shy for a 4.3 TBI but I've had great success with junkyard fuel injection on 2f's .The last system I built entireley from junkyard parts w/the exception of the adapter plate and the module in the distributor . Works great I get about 15mpg and it passed emmisions with no cat . Tried a search already couldn't find any info.

I love to see how you did the 2f FI set up. I've seriously thought about that ave. myself but have too many pokers in the fire until next year poss. next winter.

Do you have any threads or a web site for what you've done?

Kenn

I'm about to do it again for the 4th time so maybe I'll do a write up on it this tihe me . most of the stuff I have done is on mud here and there .The distributor is the only thing that is kinda tricky.I'll start to compile a list of the parts first maybe i'll start a thread when it starts to come together.

that would really be great tootall, I really need to do somthing about fuel injection wether it be tbi or propane. It would be nice to have place where things are layed out.:)

I'd love to see a write up - it would be a big help towards learning how to trouble shoot problems. Even though I installed this on my 40, I got it used and all I did was basically bolt it on - so fabbing from scratch is way beyond my current skill level :D

too tall said:
I'm about to do it again for the 4th time so maybe I'll do a write up on it this tihe me . most of the stuff I have done is on mud here and there .The distributor is the only thing that is kinda tricky.I'll start to compile a list of the parts first maybe i'll start a thread when it starts to come together.

Propane! If you have a 6/69 - 12/74 aisan carb you can make a propane carb work. I'm going to do a write up soon as I get some stuff re-done.

GreenWeeny78 said:
Propane! If you have a 6/69 - 12/74 aisan carb you can make a propane carb work. I'm going to do a write up soon as I get some stuff re-done.

What dose being 69-74 have to do with anything as far as making propane work:confused: Is there I direct bolt up or somthing?

Look forward to seeing what you got:grinpimp:

Most likly going to be somthing i'm going to do very soon, might have to put a turbo in there too :D

I have never done a writeup before and I am not really familiar with which software would be the easiest to use.Any input would be appreciated .

It is the same as for a 2F; just dial back the fuel when you program the chip. I pulled an EFI F out of Junk's FJ45. It had been converted using a 2F chip/system from Up & Over Innovations. While it did run ok it was way rich and had a blue cloud following it everywhere as a result.

HTH,
Nick

I haven't had to program or re-program any chips as yet .The 2f's all run very well with stock programming so far . I wonder if there is a way to modify the stock system without programming so that it doesn't feed as much fuel to an F as it would to a 2F,like maybe trying 2.8l injectors or a different 02 sensor?I am not convinced though that it won't work in stock form so that's what I'll probably do first.

bustanutley said:
What dose being 69-74 have to do with anything as far as making propane work:confused: Is there I direct bolt up or somthing?

Look forward to seeing what you got:grinpimp:

Most likly going to be somthing i'm going to do very soon, might have to put a turbo in there too :D

Yeah I got my kit from Propane Guy and he gave me an adaptor for an aisin carb. I took apart a 2f carb and the secondary butterfly valve on the throttle body was vacuum operated. The 69 - 74 carbs are mechanical throttle body so the adaptor bolts straight up to the propane carb and aisin throttle body. Or you can just get a holley throttle body because the adaptor the canadian uses to modify is from a holley. It will be all in the write up :)

I'm running the aisin set up just because its cool to keep it toyota with stock mechanical throttle linkage.

Thats wikid cool, I thought I was going to need to machine an adapter. Can you tell me what mixer you are using, or if it will work with the 425? I was planning to go this route because I'm thinking very hard about putting a turbo on it. All I really need is to be able to run upside down though :crybaby:

too tall said:
I haven't had to program or re-program any chips as yet .The 2f's all run very well with stock programming so far . I wonder if there is a way to modify the stock system without programming so that it doesn't feed as much fuel to an F as it would to a 2F,like maybe trying 2.8l injectors or a different 02 sensor?I am not convinced though that it won't work in stock form so that's what I'll probably do first.
An adjustable fuel pressure regulator was my thought on this. I didn't look at the flow rates of any of the injecters though.

Surprised to hear that the stock programming worked.

Nick

I have access to a 92 chevy s-10 blazer. What all is involved with using the tb injection off the 4.3L engine?

Chuck

I got a TBI kit from Turbo City 4 years ago for my 2F runs great I had them add more fuel at idle, still needs a little more. My 2F ran lean with the stock chip at idle, every thing else was ok.

bustanutley said:
Thats wikid cool, I thought I was going to need to machine an adapter. Can you tell me what mixer you are using, or if it will work with the 425? I was planning to go this route because I'm thinking very hard about putting a turbo on it. All I really need is to be able to run upside down though :crybaby:

The kit came with a Impco 200. I don't know where he found it, there isn't much information on it but its new and will supposedly give me around the same mpg when running on petrol. I think the 425 is set up for a 4 barrel? I think Mace will be able to tell you more about that mixer. I have some pictures loaded up on Mark's computer, the power supply to my computer blew so I can show you anything at the moment.

Hey Chuck, if you check in the tech links at the top of the page you will find some very good information on what you will need from the donor vehicle . If you can wait a week or so , I'm going to do a write up on a complete fuel injection system made entirely from junk yard parts with the exception of the adapter for the TBI itself. I'll probably buy one from man a fre or Mike Smythe if he is still making them. If anybody knows of other sources for adapters post em' up.

Hello

I have an FJ60 With 2F, and I made an 2F TBI Convertion, now my engine is running goog, but I have some problems, I'm tryng to tune my chip 2FTBI (I downloaded a .bin from 2ftbi group on yahoo).
any one have another .bin for this convertion?

I have a lot of pictures and videos from my convertion, if any one want I can send for email or publish here.
my mail is facundo@lozano.cl

My conversion is 4.3 TBI, desmoged engine, no EGR, No knock, I adapted the 4.3 tbi Distributor to my 2F.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom