Fuel Guage not working! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Could anyone tell me exactly how my fuel guage is wired up on my 78 Bj40 ? Its not working and i need some help to try find the problem. Cheers!

Ryan

The sending unit that screws into the top of the tank (below the check cover on your tank cover) is usually the culprit. I've got a spare one in the garage I'll sell you for cheap if you're interested (check the wires on yours first). It has a plug that is connected and a ground to one of the six bolts arount the top. Follow the wire down towards the drivers side and back to where the fuel lines go through the floor as well - could have gotten pinched under the cover.

Tucker

The sending unit that screws into the top of the tank (below the check cover on your tank cover) is usually the culprit. I've got a spare one in the garage I'll sell you for cheap if you're interested (check the wires on yours first). It has a plug that is connected and a ground to one of the six bolts arount the top. Follow the wire down towards the drivers side and back to where the fuel lines go through the floor as well - could have gotten pinched under the cover.

Tucker

Are BJ60's the same way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom