Fuel filter not full of gas? (1 Viewer)

1978FJ40project

SILVER Star
I recently replaced the fuel filter and mechanical fuel pump..... prior the fuel filter when not running was full of gas. Now not running it is empty and I am not able to get the engine to idle ... should the fuel filter be full when not running?

Shark56

SILVER Star
I use a wix filter, see through plastic type on all three 40's I have.
On all three I have a different level in the filter. Bit all of them have at least a third full showing.
Is this immediately after changing pump and filter or have you cranked it enough to prime the air out of the line, pump and filter?

I recently replaced the fuel filter and mechanical fuel pump..... prior the fuel filter when not running was full of gas. Now not running it is empty and I am not able to get the engine to idle ... should the fuel filter be full when not running?
The circut isn’t closed like a diesel motor. OEM seems to always have a little air in the bowl.

1978FJ40project

SILVER Star
On all three I have a different level in the filter. Bit all of them have at least a third full showing.
Is this immediately after changing pump and filter or have you cranked it enough to prime the air out of the line, pump and filter?
I have run it, not driving but started up and giving it some throttle for at least 10 minutes total ...
5DB5B2E9-296C-4140-A802-2EAA518D3A90.jpeg

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

Possible Fuel Cut Solenoid typical Symptoms ............

1978FJ40project

SILVER Star
I thought that also, but it doesn’t look like my Carb has the Green connector for the Fuel Cut Solenoid ... mine just has one connector a grey one ...

FC3BEF74-2FCA-4BC6-8A42-6F92D54B28F2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom