Fuel filler neck, which years will fit a 67' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Their was a thread on this subject a while ago, but I could not find it. From what year cruisers can I get one, where the opening in the tub is the same diameter. I need a fuel filler neck for my 67' fj40.

Hi All:

Earlier this Spring I installed the fuel filler neck, etc. from a 1974 FJ40 onto a '68 body tub - it fit, perhaps not perfect, but definitely useable.

HTH.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

I know that my 9/64 requires 4 small screws into the body, my 9/71 requires 3 larger screws into the body. Unless you are thinking of drilling new screw holes, you would want to stick to 62-67, according to SOR. 'Les'n the 40 is different from the 45 (SOR does not distinguish).

There's a 66 RHD 40 on Ebay and it has three screws. So 65 or 66 it changed from four to three holes. The filler shape stay the same until the 73 model. Around the 70 or 71 model the fuel system was no longer vented so if you use a later filler neck you might have to drill a small hole on the bottom side just below the gas cap like the earlier ones have.

John

The difference between the 4 hole one Dave mentioned is that it is on a 45, not a 40 :doh:

63 thru about 71 is safe for interchanging filler necks. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom