Fuel Filler Hose question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EStein

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all. Got my aftermarket CCOT fuel tank in yesterday. Having a heck of a time getting the filler hose on though. Thing doesn’t flex at all and can’t get it on square and inserted as far as I’d like. Put some nice big scratches in my new paint in the process. Here’s how it looks…maybe I’m worrying too much but fuel leaks scare me. There was a little bit of a gap between the hose and the neck before I put the clamp on because it wasn’t quite straight. Was considering a flexible hose like the one pictured below. Any thoughts? I suppose just wait and see if it leaks. Just bugs me when things don’t fit right and I have to force things.
B64B1EEA-BCE2-4F22-8D54-6E4F4BDA99A1.png
CE2CC0E4-9B85-4423-9E9A-DE4A2682EF95.jpeg
D683A8F4-6641-48B6-802B-7A38500F732D.png
AAF6F41E-94A4-4DC8-904F-D622BC668780.jpeg

I ussually install the filler neck & hose to the tank in its approx orientation with the clamps loose and install the tank and neck as a unit.

OK thanks. I used the Gates Barricade hose as well for everything except for the large filler neck. Used the original. Thing is as hard as plastic. No give whatsoever. I wrestled with it for over an hour. Maybe I should just get a new one and see if it fits better. I don’t want any smell or leaks!

Oh and I put my vent hose on before the tank cover as well! 😂

I ussually install the filler neck & hose to the tank in its approx orientation with the clamps loose and install the tank and neck as a unit.
I thought about that laying in bed last night. 😐. Might give it a try today because I don’t think I’m gonna be happy with it like it is. Photos don’t look that bad but it really didn’t go on very well.

I spray a little wd40 in the hose ends too, gives you a little movement for a few minutes.

You can see the witness marks on the neck and indentations in the hose. You'll likely need the twist the neck a bit to line up the holes.

You can see the witness marks on the neck and indentations in the hose. You'll likely need the twist the neck a bit to line up the holes.
Yeah you’re right. I think I’m gonna take it all apart today and start over. Maybe start w a fresh hose.

Took everything out and started over. Got a new 2”, 45° elbow filler hose from Napa. A lot more pliable than the 45 year old one I tried to use. Put it all together BEFORE installing the tank this time And it all slid right in….well mostly. The hose doesn’t fit perfect but real close. Slid on the necks further and a good seal.

Thanks guys for the good mentoring. 👍🏼

4CD40424-44E3-418E-B49B-9E9B28ACFFEC.jpeg
A532BF5D-5FCB-4758-BC98-CABA43D9CC5D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom