Fuel Carb Full (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 1st vid looks ok, though it seems like fuel may be dribbling out the 2ndry but that may be because the bowl is over-filling.

2nd vid looks like the Needle/Seat is ok

If it's overfilling, it's because you need to adjust the float tab so it shuts off the gas inlet when the bowl is half full. This is the part you adjust (bend)

1576867924152.png

Ok so here the float is hanging. By the manual it says 6mm gap between the float tip and air horn. That’s .23” mine appears to be set some where over .375”.

E3E82B6E-7E7A-4147-AEAC-81BA7358128D.jpeg

So my air horn gasket is torn. Do you have to buy a rebuild kit to get that gasket?

Yes, you'll prolly need to buy a carb kit. If you need one right away, O'reilly's has a 'Walker' brand that's ok.

While you have the air horn off (if it's still off) slide the pin that the float pivots on (it should slide out) and inspect the needle and seat. There's a spring there and it just pulls out so be mindful of how everything goes and careful with the small bits.

If it was stuck it would’ve been unstuck by the time the carb was opened.
I got ya, that makes sense. I think maybe the needle was free, and the float is just way out of spec.

Yes, you'll prolly need to buy a carb kit. If you need one right away, O'reilly's has a 'Walker' brand that's ok.

While you have the air horn off (if it's still off) slide the pin that the float pivots on (it should slide out) and inspect the needle and seat. There's a spring there and it just pulls out so be mindful of how everything goes and careful with the small bits.
I ordered one from amazon. No one had one in my area. I’ll have it in 2 days.
I’ll inspect the needle while it’s off I guess.

Particularly Check the rubber tip of the needle for damage or deformation. If you need a new one it will come in the kit.

Goes to show quality control is less than ideal. I’m glad you figured it out. 👏

I had a NOS Toyota Factory carb with issues too, so sh!t happens. I had to send it off for a Guru to figure out cuz it was beyond me. Turned out to be a clogged primary slow jet.

Lucky it was just a wee tiny condom in there!

:meh:

We will see soon, I have a new carb kit on the way, should be here sunday.

You can put a short section of hose on the threads where the fuel line connects then blow through the hose while actuating the float and needle to insure that it IS in fact sealing or closing and opening. But it looks like you got the problem with getting the gunk out.

Does the gunk feel like synthetic material that came from the manufacturing process or does it feel more like debris that might have entered the carb with fuel?

Does the gunk feel like synthetic material that came from the manufacturing process or does it feel more like debris that might have entered the carb with fuel?
Where I come from wee condoms aren’t generally found in fuel. As a newer supplier that many of us have bought from, including myself, how bout a simply apology and acknowledge that your stuff has its flaws as well. Nothing is perfect. That crap looked exactly like the a vacuum like cling that should have been peeled off and was missed. The many who have bought your desmog carb rav about them, they are magic to our old beasts.

Last edited:

feels kinda like silicone. I don’t know where it could have come from. New fuel filter on truck also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom