Fuel capacity for 1986 HJ75 Single Cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for the great forum.
I am the proud new owner of a 1986 Landcruiser with 647,000km on the clock.
I have searched heaps online but I am unable to establish what size the fuel tank is in a Hj75 .
Can anyone tell me for sure exactly what the fuel capacity of the single cab Hj75 is?
IMG_20210520_092925_245.jpg

Cheers..
Dave

Most 70-series have a 90 liter tank (23.77 gallons). Some 75-series had dual tanks as well, and I'm not sure what the capacity was on those. Sweet looking truck!

Thanks for the replies.
I seams that it has a 90 Lt tank that doesn't really hold 90lts.From empty I can only get about 65 Lt in it.
I will prob drain the tank and fill if from empty to be 100 percent sure.
Cheers

Thanks for the replies.
I seams that it has a 90 Lt tank that doesn't really hold 90lts.From empty I can only get about 65 Lt in it.
I will prob drain the tank and fill if from empty to be 100 percent sure.
Cheers
Is there any evidence that the tank has been dented or otherwise damaged?

Can anyone tell me for sure exactly what the fuel capacity of the single cab Hj75 is?
90 litre for the front and same for the rear if you have one. But trying to get 90 litres is not always easy. Its easier if the fuel filler side is slightly elevated and you rock the vehicle a little as you fill. I think they get a bubble of air at the top of the tank. Elevating it and rocking forces the air out. Just my theory.

Two 90ltr. Tanks
In Australia, the extra tank was optional until late 95 when it became standard. I would say most 75 series have 2 tanks though.

Thanks Chaps.There is def only one tank and zero damage..
I have gone from 31" tyres to 33's and my fuel consumption has gone up.
I guess I want to figure what my new fuel range is.
Thanks for the help.

You will get about 70 litres in but there is 90. Mine is 1987 turbo 32x11.5 and I get just under 470k to the tank. pre turbo 500k

yeah, filling the front is a practice in patience. I usually get above 600km on a tank, this was with the 2H turbo, haven't been able to do a real good test with the 12HT but seems to be getting the same as the 2H

I started thinking my tank only holds about 75L ... will try Ross' advice next time ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom