Fuel Can I.D. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last edited:
On the subject of these cans .
I used to have a link to replacement gaskets for the top lid .
The ones on mine are weeping as they have dried out and want to get replacements before they become a leaky mess like a new US jerry can ;)

On the subject of these cans .
I used to have a link to replacement gaskets for the top lid .
The ones on mine are weeping as they have dried out and want to get replacements before they become a leaky mess like a new US jerry can ;)

x2 - I'd like to know where to get the gaskets, too.

You can cut your own with a flat, thin 1/8 piece of gasket material. Neoprene gasket material would work well. You may find such a thing at an auto parts store or a rubber/gasket supplier. If you're in a bigger city, a rubber/gasket supplier may give you the cut offs that you can use for lots of projects. HTH, ty

I have that exact same one. Its cool because you can change the plaquard to Gas, Diesel, Kerosene, and something else I think. Good if you have multiple cans doing multiple things. It hink that the plaquards are reflective as well so finding the right can at night is easier.

You can also make the gaskets out of neoprene mouse pads that are essentially given away at promotions. If you look at your desk, you can prolly score one from your work.

Most military surplus stores still carry nato cans. I bought another one about six months ago and three local stores here in the south bay still had them along with spouts and replacement gaskets. $19.99 :D

Mountain View surplus in both Mountain View and in Campbell or Stevens Creek Surplus in San Jose.
I don't know if the one I bought was Swiss or German, but it is exactly like the pictures you posted above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom