Fuel and Battery Gauge Intermittent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched the forums for this problem, and I haven't found another instance of it in the 100 series forum.
2004 LX470

My fuel and battery gague are intermittent, somtimes they work , but about 60-70% of the time they don't. The problem seems to have no rhyme or reason. The strange thing is, in the infotainment system, the fuel range works perfectly, so that is what I use to determine how much fuel I actually have.

Has anyone else encountered this? I don't think it is a faulty fuel sender

fuel_gauge.jpg

This may solve your inaccurate fuel gauge issue as it did mine, fuel sending unit replacement
F1C36BD6-5758-4F6E-8889-4ED662F7761F.jpeg

As for your voltmeter on the gauge cluster, it could be your battery or alternator or both. Next best step is to use a multimeter to tap on your battery terminals and test the actual reading when car is in idle.

Last edited:
I have similar issues with all 4 of my small gauges in my 1998 LX cluster. They will intermittently work and then sometimes I will hear a really high pitched noise and they will flutter and die. Sometimes a few gauges work while others are dead. I have never had any problems with the RPM or Speedometer. My Ultragauge still picks up things like coolant temp and voltage. I have tried taking out the cluster and reseating the cluster and tightening the screws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom