Fsm pages for swapping rear ac evaporator assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, can anyone with a fsm applicable to a 2003 with rear ac post the pages for replacing the rear ac evaporator assembly? I found the pages to remove the rh rear panel but need to assess the steps to replacing the assembly. It looks like a couple connections with the relay and two inlets but I want to be sure. I’m replacing the whole assembly so I’m trying to figure out why Toyota snd my mechanic both similarly quoted 5 hours

removing panel:

part I’m swapping:

So it looks as if if connects electronically and into the ac line system looks like two o rings ensure a seal into the inlet on the vehicle sidewall and two screws hold down a latching plate to keep the connection into the lines. Question is if have another complete rear ac assembly unit can I swap without bleeding the ac system?

So it looks as if if connects electronically and into the ac line system looks like two o rings ensure a seal into the inlet on the vehicle sidewall and two screws hold down a latching plate to keep the connection into the lines. Question is if have another complete rear ac assembly unit can I swap without bleeding the ac system?

No. System must be evacuated. Components changed, leak tested, vacuum pulled and recharged.

My ac currently needs a recharge(blowing quite less than freezing) so I’m not totally concerned about the what I may lose. Not against taking it to a barren spot a quick drive away, putting new o rings on the new to me evaporator unit and just swapping the rear unit. Read @mellowdave’s post in this thread below and it’s got me thinking it’s doable. Can’t understand why this is 5 hours of labor. Once fixed an a/c recharge is going to cost me $100.

Read @mellowdave’s post in this thread below and it’s got me thinking it’s doable. Can’t understand why this is 5 hours of labor.

^^^^^

Beer breaks.....my friend. Beer. Cold Beer.

Dos Equis XX.jpg

Update: took the plunge and just let my mechanic replace the unit before he recharged my ac system. Everything is cold as can be now Including rear vents that have blown hot since i got the vehicle. Super stoked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom