FSM Manual ordered but... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered the FSM this morning but it does not help me at the moment.

Under the FJ62 there are some (two?) hard lines that run close to the transfer case and rear drive shaft. These lines have a U shaped hose in them. One of my hoses is leaking. What are these lines/hoses for and how difficult is it to replace the hose? I can not really get under the truck right now to see what kind of fluid is leaking as I'm in my monkey suit. :doh:

Thansk for the help.

sound like the rear heater lines/hoses. Easy........just get TWO new hoses, could drain the coolent but me......I just try to replace them fast without draining................ya know just park over a storm drain that goes into a creek ;)

Landpimp said:
sound like the rear heater lines/hoses. Easy........just get TWO new hoses, could drain the coolent but me......I just try to replace them fast without draining................ya know just park over a storm drain that goes into a creek ;)

I need to replace a couple of radiator hoses so I probably should do these at the same time right. I could never pinpoint the problem with Phoenix--now I know. No stormwater drains. :doh:

when I bought my fj60 with 92K......one of the 1st things I did was replace ALL the old hoses............sure they looked fine and many were fine.........but the piece of mind was SO much worth it. Took me a good 6 hours to do em all.

JOHN... Tsk, Tsk.

Landpimp said:

Don't encourage people to drain their fluids into storm drains - very bad for the creeks and fish. It is simple enough to simply put an oil change catch tub under there whrn you pull them, then dispose of the fluid at a recycling center.

gee I really thought ya would have figured it out as HUMOR, thats why the ;)

Mike S said:
Don't encourage people to drain their fluids into storm drains - very bad for the creeks and fish. It is simple enough to simply put an oil change catch tub under there whrn you pull them, then dispose of the fluid at a recycling center.

Landpimp said:
Easy........just get TWO new hoses, could drain the coolent but me......I just try to replace them fast without draining................ya know just park over a storm drain that goes into a creek ;)
I love it. My kind of guy.
Landpimp, do you happen to live in a college town?(enviros)
:cool:

Landpimp said:
gee I really thought ya would have figured it out as HUMOR, thats why the ;)

HUMOR, I just spent my lunch hour driving around Phoenix looking for a storm water drain. ;)

hell no, I live(all my life) in a little old fishing town......which is now full of rich asshats :mad:

Russ in California said:
I love it. My kind of guy.
Landpimp, do you happen to live in a college town?(enviros)
:cool:

Landpimp said:
hell no, I live(all my life) in a little old fishing town......which is now full of rich asshats :mad:

This coming from the guy with this sig line:

2000UZJ100/92FJ80/90FJ62/86FJ60/82FJ40green/82FJ40mustard/78FJ55/67FJ45LPB/65FJ40/65FJ45LV/64fj45LV/and a few others.

;)

yeah but I grew up here.......and make my living from those asshats........so I guess it works out OK ;)

RredFJ40 said:
This coming from the guy with this sig line:

2000UZJ100/92FJ80/90FJ62/86FJ60/82FJ40green/82FJ40mustard/78FJ55/67FJ45LPB/65FJ40/65FJ45LV/64fj45LV/and a few others.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom