FSM Help...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm kinda in a pickle. I had marked on my Amazon wish list a FSM as a reminder to keep looking for one for my 1994 LC. Today I got the set for a 1995 as a gift......

Question before I open it,, will I be able to really use all of this on my 94? ??

I know the exhaust is different and 95 and up has OBD and the interior dash is different etc..... its such a nice gift but I'm not sure its worth keeping if its only 1/2 useful.

Any help or opinions are appreciated

16226658151722563861448074573189.jpg

A lot of stuff is the same but also a lot is different. I, personally, would rather have the 93 or 94. I have seen good deals on 95-97 and passed because I have the 94 as well.

Most of the mechanical side will be the same but the 95 is OBD2 and the 94 is OBD1. Thats said not a huge difference between the 2 - i can only think of the CPS and exhaust/ O2 feedback. Different interior- dash, seatbelts and airbags. I would rather have a 95 manual working on a 94 than the other way round.

I was kinda thinking that and was hoping I was wrong.

Sigh..... why are the 93-94 so hard to find.

I would skip the 93 & 94 and focus on the 95 -97 models. I prefer the old dash but a more modern engine management system is a huge difference.

Most of the mechanical side will be the same but the 95 is OBD2 and the 94 is OBD1. Thats said not a huge difference between the 2 - i can only think of the CPS and exhaust/ O2 feedback. Different interior- dash, seatbelts and airbags. I would rather have a 95 manual working on a 94 than the other way round.

Good point, maybe its worth keeping then. I don't ever want to get into the wiring that deep by myself and I think my main focus is basically maintenance like the pending front axel rebuild

Or another option is just print the PDF version and put it in a binder. Then you can put fancy colored tabs on it for sections you use often.

All valid points but I'd like the real deal and it to work for my 94.... looks like this is probably going back, I don't want to waste someone's money on a gift I can't fully use. 😔

Use it until you finally find a 94 copy. That’s what I did. Took about 8years of casually looking. And sold the 95 for what I had in it in less than a day.

I'm just confused at why the 94 is so damn rare? Were the produced in lower #'s or something

I’d get a 94 FSM. Or source the missing:different sections. SFI, dash and small interior bits, exhaust, obd1 troubleshooting and cel.

I'm just confused at why the 94 is so damn rare? Were the produced in lower #'s or something

You know, just 93 and 94. It is surprising though. I had an easier time finding a printed FSM for my FJ62 than for the 94 FZJ80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom