SOLD FS in Iowa / 1997 FJ80 40th Anniv $7,000 obo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
1997 40th Anniversary Edition

Rust free for a northern truck - it still has surface rust on the frame and some small spots of through rust on the rear hatch as well as a small spots on the both pinch seams.
Interior is in good shape
260,000 miles
Uses about a quart of oil every 3,000 miles
Drivers side birfields leaking pretty good
Engine runs good but started to have a slight stutter under a load this winter. I haven't had time to look at it, and haven't driven it more than 5 miles since then. I have not touched anything, so it could be spark plugs, spark plug wires, a vacuum leak, who knows.
I've owned it for 3 years and never touched it besides changed oil
No PM that I am aware of
Aftermarket alarm system - I have no clue how it works
Brakes are pretty mushy right now
Missing one hub cap

I know it's not in great mechanical shape, but cosmetically, it is quite nice.

$7,500 cash

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread, but best way to get ahold of me is to text me at 5634227305

Thanks for looking guys and gals!

Nick

tempImageFQAi56.png

tempImaget1in7v.png

tempImage4MashS.png

tempImagerjdAQ8.png

tempImageGo1OhM.png

Last edited:
Previous owner stated that he kept the truck in Texas all it's life and brought it to his summer home in Wisconsin every summer. I have driven it a few times on winter roads up here in Iowa, but not as my daily.

tempImageR2Uo9S.png

tempImageedV5te.png

tempImage8ier2P.png

tempImagepaEcnu.png

tempImage5Z2jMU.png

Also I forgot to add, it has a weird aftermarket alarm installed many years ago. Doesn't affect anything that I can tell.

Added to original post:
I got under there last night and there is small spots of rust on both pinch seams
One hub cap is missing
There are some small dents, 2 on the hood and one on the rocker panel

Thanks for all the interest so far!

Nick

tempImageTPq2bh.png

tempImageKC6Xlv.png

tempImageeHl0Em.png

tempImagebGjIiK.png

tempImage2s7qyE.png

You’re leaving a lot of cash on the table with this one my dude. This is like taking candy from a baby as far as flippers are concerned. Someone could take this thing home, wash it, take off the s***ty running boards and hitch, and list it for $10k and still have people knocking down their door to buy it. Think of all the things you could do with the extra $6k. That’s like winning a free trip to Disney world for your whole family. Would you be happy if you won a free trip to Disney world for your family? If you don’t have kids, would you be happy to win a free vacation to Hawaii? Real winners make their own luck 😁

Also, if the truck is from Texas, I’m pretty sure the alarm system is a port installed gulf states system. One of my trucks has one with the exact same red light below the mirror controls. They came with an all in 1 key that I think says securikey on the back?

Sent you a text. This might be prefect for my nephew who is about to turn 16

You’re leaving a lot of cash on the table with this one my dude. This is like taking candy from a baby as far as flippers are concerned. Someone could take this thing home, wash it, take off the s***ty running boards and hitch, and list it for $10k and still have people knocking down their door to buy it. Think of all the things you could do with the extra $6k. That’s like winning a free trip to Disney world for your whole family. Would you be happy if you won a free trip to Disney world for your family? If you don’t have kids, would you be happy to win a free vacation to Hawaii? Real winners make their own luck 😁
Alright I raised the price. That better? Honestly I had no clue what this thing is worth. My phone has been ringing nonstop today and everyone is telling me I’m way to cheap so I decided to raise the price to $7.500. If not, I’ll probably just keep it.

I’ve been getting texts and calls on this thing nonstop today. Obviously I priced it too low so I did my research (which I should have done before I listed it) and I’m raising the price. I’m now asking $7,500 for it, which still seems very reasonable for this rig. If I can’t sell for that, I’m going to hold onto this rig and enjoy it.
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom