craigslist FS Kona, Hawaii 1997 Collector's edition 94K miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Not affiliated but I am currently on island. Looks like it may have the diff lock option.
Sometimes you can find one of these in AK or HI that doesn't have a premium price. Not the case here-$25K.

I was going to say the same. Salt air do a number on the undercarriage?

It hurts it for sure, more so the closer you live by the ocean. Most homes here don’t have garages. There are so many vehicles here with corrosion.

I test drove a 97, 3x locked CE and the frame and body were trashed. Only 115k miles but it was too far gone for me at only $14.5

I was going to say the same. Salt air do a number on the undercarriage?
Probably not, seeing that it was living in very dry Kona. I suppose it'd be possible if they have been driving on the beach. I will inquire...

Probably not, seeing that it was living in very dry Kona. I suppose it'd be possible if they have been driving on the beach. I will inquire...
If you’re able to hit us up with pictures that would be great. I texted him but I’m on Oahu. You’re much closer

So why not buy it for $2k less than asking, then ship it over? (Just a guess on the $2k for shipping)

So why not buy it for $2k less than asking, then ship it over? (Just a guess on the $2k for shipping)
is it that cheap to get it here? I was thinking up around 5k. Might be worth looking into then.

If that was in the 48states I would buy it sight unseen today.
He's not responding to my text regarding undercarriage. Anyone seriously interested should inquire directly. It's possible I could check it out, though being on other side of island it's a 2 1/2 hour drive,

Would the drivers side bolster be that torn up from 94k miles? I guess if you weren't careful, but I usually see it with quite a few more miles.

He is reading my texts but not responding. Must be too busy or having second thoughts of selling. I'm not hopeful for a clean frame, I know Kona is dry but there are places that get hit with lots of weather and waves. If he truly knows what he has and it's in great condition, then they're leaving a lot on the table. Something doesn't add up.

And yes to the bolster. Big asses = more wear.

Last edited:
He is reading my texts but not responding. Must be too busy or having second thoughts of selling. I'm not hopeful for a clean frame, I know Kona is dry but there are places that get hit with lots of whether and waves. If he truly knows what he has and it's in great condition, then they're leaving a lot on the table. Something doesn't add up.

And yes to the bolster. Big asses = more wear.
For what it’s worth, I have a 1990 4Runner on the wet side of the island that’s been here 20 years. Frame is in perfect condition.

0DEB3CBA-1E16-4117-B5F1-0F9DA8377832.jpeg
D0F58DC5-D162-443C-AB1D-ED3BA8B058B4.jpeg
80AE6996-C36E-4C5D-BDD1-AF6280478021.jpeg
83FACF27-7100-455F-A766-E64E1D3D7EE4.jpeg

He sent me these.

Quotes I'm getting for shipping all the way to texas, including additional insurance, are around $2500. Not bad. Someone please buy this before I do. I don't need more cars.

I want it but he told me someone is looking at it tonight. I have to buy tickets and fly out there. It'll likely sell tonight.
The pics I attached don't look bad. I can't tell if the diff has dirt on it or it's surface rust.

Here's the carfax for ya'll that are looking. My wife said I have too many toys. So I'm out. Let us know who gets it!!

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 1997 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER_ JT3HJ85J5V0186937.pdf
    299.7 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom