For Sale FS/FT 94 Toyota SAS BUILT daily driver/crawler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I searched long and hard for a clean 3rd gen x-cab 22re. They're getting impossible to find in my neck of the woods, let alone a clean one. I bought this x-cab from Idaho and had it shipped to me in Utah. Idaho doesn't use salt on their roads, so it's 100% rust-free. Just about everything in the drivetrain (except for the motor) has been replaced. I've only got 4000 miles on it since the build (tires, gears, t-cases, etc). Most of the parts on this rig have a lifetime warranty. I built this rig right and didn't cut any corners.

I built this to be a great daily driver that could tackle the rubicon and moab's toughest trails without me having to worry about it breaking. There has never been an obstacle it hasn't climbed yet. I wheel this truck on hard trails, but I don't wheel it hard. With the dual ultimates, this thing idles up everything and is 100% street legal.

Vehicle
- 1994 pickup - extended cab (seats and seatbelts for 4)
- clean title
- zero leaks
- zero accidents
- 190k miles, 18-20 mpg, 75 MPH on the freeway (I can hit 80, but I don't usually drive it that fast)
- 5-speed W56
- 22re in fantastic shape, passes emissions here in UT. still has all the smog equipment.
- new clutch
- clean title, no rust, no accidents
- power steering
- EFI
- Cruise Control
- tint on rear windows

Front Axle
- TG rock assault front housing (IFS width) with FROR Tundra brake conversion/ifs hub conversion so it's taco width now
- new tundra rotors
- complete front axle rebuild last week - new seals, HD wipers (that replace the felts), TG improved inner axle seal (the new one)
- thick knuckle rock rings
- TG trunion bearing eliminator kit (15 miles on it)
- Dirty 30 cro-mo 30 spline inner axles
- TG six-shooter knuckles w/ARP studs
- Longfield IFS hub gears - 30 spline
- ARP hub studs
- BRAND NEW front High pinion e-locker third purchased from Toyota. Professionally set up with Nitro 5.29s.

Rear Axle
- TRD tacoma rear axle
- Nitro 5.29s professionally installed with new bearings (didn't need it, but I figured I might as well while I was in there).
- rear elocker (from tacoma)

Suspension:
SAS
- RUF springs mixed with TG 3" front springs
- bilstein front shocks
- rear 58" chevies
- new monroe extended travel rear shocks (ride better than bilsteins)

Tires/wheels
- new 17" FJ cruiser steelies
- 35x12.50x17 km2's - less than 3k miles on them, with lifetime warranty from discount tire. Rear tires are worn a little funny from when my front alignment was off. Should even out in 1000 miles or so. Still drives great.

Drivetrain
- 22RE stock w/190k miles. Zero issues, runs like a top. Cleanest 22re I've seen.
- stock w56 in great shape. Feels tight, no issues
- new autozone clutch, pilot bearing. Lifetime warranty.
- dual ultimate cases - 2.28 in front case, 23 spline marlin 4.7's in the rear case, TG dual adapter = 220:1 crawl ratio.
- TG long-spline front DS
- rear DS double thick, custom made, w/Toyota CV
- TG dual-case skidplate
- twin stick

Other:
- polk audio front speakers
- kenwood usb/aux/cd deck
- camper shell w/sleeping/storage platform in the back
- TG sliders
- 4-runner front seat conversion (got rid of the bench seat)
- factory bed liner

the bad:
- very minor rock rash on the rear pass bed corner (hell's gate, friend driving)
- lockers have not been wired to their switch yet (but the wiring is all there, just need to connect the switches)
- rear ebrake has not been hooked up since the taco rear axle swap. This is a 1 hour job. I'll most likely have it done in the next couple weeks.
- clear coat is fading on the hood

When I bought it:
005.jpg

as it sits today:
IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

Halfway through the build process:
IMG_1087.JPG

Moab:
IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

Sleeping Platform:
IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

price drop to: $12,000 cash or partial/trade for a low mileage (under 120k miles) stock tacoma (x-cab or double-cab)

I'd be willing to sell it for $11,500 without the camper shell and sleeping platform in the back.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of details. Feel free to ask any questions.

SOLD

Last edited:
Well, since I can't edit my post, I"ll add to it.

two more pics of the engine.

002.jpg

007.jpg

Feel free to call, text, pm, or email.

Steve
801.787.9six84

Maybe you should join another forum and just try to sell it like it is?

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal to blow it apart and fix it right. It's a nice truck. It needs a new pair of perches and a C&T; about a weekend.

Maybe you should read the entire build thread before you jump to conclusions. I have fixed the problem. Yes, new perches and a cut n turn would be ideal. I have spent so many hours building this truck that I don't feel like spending another second working on the truck, let alone another weekend. If I was hiding anything, I wouldn't have linked it to the build thread.

That last comment came out harsher than I intended. It bothers me that you took a line out of my build thread and posted it on my for sale thread, assuming it still has this issue. It does not. I have fixed the issue with 4* shims.

And you implying that I joined this site just to sell a broken truck is offensive as well. I've been a member of mud for a year now, I just haven't posed here before. My truck doesn't have issues. It DID at the time I wrote that in my build thread, and I have since fixed the issue.

Maybe you should read the entire build thread before you jump to conclusions. I have fixed the problem. Yes, new perches and a cut n turn would be ideal. I have spent so many hours building this truck that I don't feel like spending another second working on the truck, let alone another weekend. If I was hiding anything, I wouldn't have linked it to the build thread.

We all can't be awesome web wheelers like him. Nice rig GLWS.

Sorry, I just wanted to ask if you liked the km2's. Thanks and good luck with sale!
~Daniel

That last comment came out harsher than I intended. It bothers me that you took a line out of my build thread and posted it on my for sale thread, assuming it still has this issue. It does not. I have fixed the issue with 4* shims.
/QUOTE]

Yup. I missed the whole last page. Sorry.

sixstringsteve said:
I went with 4* shims, removed a 4" leaf, and it clears just fine. In fact, I could put the tiny little leaf back in the bottom if I wanted to. I took it on the freeway yesterday, and its driving great. No more weird steering wheel shimmy. Thanks again to everyone who helped me diagnose this problem.

I deleted my mistaken post. It did look like you joined just to post the for sale. Sorry for that too.

Nice truck in any case. I think you should keep it. :meh:

Thanks Fast Eddy, I appreciate it. I wish I could delete my irrelevant posts now.

Honestly, I don't mind keeping it, but the trips I've been going on lately haven't required a vehicle as built as this, so I figure I should sell it to someone who would be using it for what it was built for. It's serving daily driver duty for me right now.

thanks. I'm trying to decide between a 100 series and a '01-'04 tacoma x-cab. I already have the 100 series (wife's car)... but I"m leaning towards a taco for the rougher terrain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom