SOLD FS: 1989 FJ62 (Salvage Title) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
Hello,

Unfortunately, life has gotten in the way and I am having to sell my FJ62.

I bought this vehicle in December of 2021 from another forum member. I am going to relay some of the same information he did in his post since I have only tinted the windows and replaced a few lights.

Link to original sale thread:

Only notable things that have changed since purchasing:

-Replace headlights with LEDs
-Replaced all inside lighting with LEDs
-Replaced all four window base gaskets
-Replaced tail light gaskets
-Rewired the driver side mirror. While it is now getting power, it is still not moving.
-Windows tinted

Have most records since new; to include the original window sticker price.
Is only a three owner California rig, absolutely no rust. I have owned for approximately 8 months in which extensive amounts of work has been done to it from the previous owner. Vehicle is currently located in San Diego. It passed smog shortly before I purchased back in December. I have since had it titled and registered in Tennessee (title in hand).

The good:
High mileage but this vehicle was towed behind an RV for many thousands of miles.

Lots of recent maintenance done recently and throughout it’s lifetime. It runs, drives and stops great. Rebuilt transmission, all new fluids on the differentials and T-Case, new brakes, new hoses, full tune up, A/C was serviced, the fuel tank was dropped and cleaned up. It has new KYB shocks, 5 new 16” Raceline wheels wrapped on brand new 265/70r16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac A/Ts tires. It drives 75 mph on the freeways with ease, drives straight as an arrow. The 62 was professionally repainted with a two stage paint, the color is custom.

It has a brand new Sony stereo with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

The decals were applied after the paint had cured and was color sanded and polished. The 62 also received new door belts.

The interior was redone back in 2005 and it’s in pretty good shape. The color is brown and the fabric goes well with this 80s classic.

What’s needed: front passenger side window is not currently working (has a new master window switch control), and the two front speakers are blown. Still needs some little bits and ends.

The not so great:

It holds a salvage title due to having been vandalized. The interior was cut-up and the wheels were stolen. That’s it, no accidents, there was no major damage at all. It has some leaks (I’m currently looking at this) from what I can tell is a dry rotted radiator hose and the valve cover gasket? Excuse me, as I am not a huge mechanic guy. I can trace the oil leak from the top of the engine, and it runs down to the ground. When I seldomly drive the vehicle, I will always check the fluids. Both leaks that I have identified are slow and I have yet had to top any fluids off caused by them.

Contact me with any questions. I’m including pictures of before the restoration, some of the process and the after pictures. No rust anywhere, as with most vintage Toyotas, it marks his territory with a little oil. Please refer to link posted above to access the original ad with many more pictures.

Once i am back in San Diego in a couple of weeks, I can take any pictures you may desire.

It is a great vehicle and I’m positive that it will make you proud to drive it.

Price: $20k

Have questions? Text me or call me at 4232982133

Thanks

Geoff

79F1F47E-F3ED-447E-8532-19F9E0DAFE0A.jpeg

4B33D2E8-A79A-4F0A-94FA-9FE828685EB9.jpeg

3EA8192C-D981-46C0-AD36-9507B00941BB.jpeg

4E0D35F5-8BE3-4FE7-818A-199FD8845E65.jpeg

7BAC9F4C-C502-4D57-8526-F71FA061B159.jpeg

Met Geoff and checked out his FJ62 on a recent trip to SoCal from the East Coast. Geoff is a super nice, straightforward guy with a very solid 62! This would be a good rig for me if I could afford it right now!

hey nice truck! do you know where I can find those graphics?

I love this thing, what a really cool look! Good luck with the sale, I would daily this thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom