Fs: 1984 fj60 $8500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased an 84 FJ60 nearly two months ago and out of nowhere got a job offer in California. Rather than fight all the emissions and haul it out there, I've decided to sell it. I've put a lot of money and sweat into this thing with every intention of keeping it around a long time. You can see the build at http://www.markbillingsby.com/catego.../land-cruiser/ .
I've really only had a chance to drive it around for about a week now. It could probably use some tweaking and replacement of some of the vacuum hoses, but it is running fine. The odometer read 143k when I picked it up. The speedo cable was disconnected/broken. I installed a new one and it's ticking again.
Engine work: Complete tune up, new radiator, water pump, thermostat, belts, battery (Die Hard Marine Platinum). Changed all oils throughout vehicle. They were pretty clean when I drained them. The diffs had a little milkiness to them, but not bad. There is also an overdrive case attached to the transfer. It has a separate stick to shift it in and out.
Body and Frame: Kept the body on, but wire wheeled the entire frame. Painted with Rust Bullet and then hit it with some rattlecan Rustoleum. Cleaned and painted both axles and drive shafts. Extended braided steel brake lines. Lines flushed and bled brakes work great. There wasn't a lot, but patched all the rust in the bed and on the rear of the body. That's as far as I've got. There are a couple holes on the quarters in the wheel wells. The drivers side rocker panel is rough. The insides of the fenders on the rear of the wells have a couple spots as well. There are no holes entering the interior of the vehicle.
Interior is in great shape. There is a small tear on the outside of the drivers seat. The headliner looks good. No cracks in dash. Has cassette player that sounds horrible. Also the center console includes a nice assortment of anything from Bob Marley to U2 that I will throw in with the deal!
Upgrades: I added an OME 2/5" lift. Medium springs in the front and heavies on the rear. Greasable shackles, OME steering stabilizer, extended sway bar links, extended stainless braided lines. American Eagle 15x8 wheels with Maxxis Big Horn 33x12.5.
Overall I've got over $9k invested. It's a great start on what will eventually be a great Cruiser. I had planned on spending another 4-5k to complete it. Willing to let it go for $8500k. Contact me if your interested.
outside_drivers.jpg

outside_passenger.jpg

rear-suspension.jpg

My fault. I was looking around for it and couldn't find it. Found it now though. I do have some tech questions though. Let's say I was considering taking it out with me. All of the original smog gear is still in tact. Whether or not everything is working I don't know. It looks like it has a fairly new cat on it and the muffler seems to be in good shape. Will any stock 2f have all the requirements to pass California emissions or will it need some additional parts?

Price seems pretty high unless I'm missing something...

Emissions can be pricey to fix on these...I think that's why a lot go up for sale.

If all the smog equipment is there you will probably be alright passing CA smog. There is quite a few good shops there that know Cruisers that will take care of any loose ends if it doesn't. Basically if the original equipment is there worst case some minor maintenance work, a couple hours with the emissions manual and you will pass.

You know you can keep it registered in TN and drive it in CA as is, if you've got relations there to process the reg, when needed, and provide an address.

And as stated, if all the original emissions stuff is there, that's a good start. If you need parts, used ones are readily available in the parts section. And if you fail smog, CA will take $500 of my tax money to help you pass, if you ask them.

That's what I was kinda planning to do. I am renting my house out in TN so I will still own property here. My excuse was going to be that I planned on moving back in a couple years.

any interior pics, under the hood?

interested in a trade?

Additional photos

Interior in good shape. There is a tear in the drivers seat. Carpet isn't bad, but could be replaced if you are looking for a really clean interior.
cruiserin1.jpg

cruiserin2.jpg

cruiserin3.jpg

cruiserin4.jpg

cruiserin5.jpg

cruiserin6.jpg

cruiserengine.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom