FS 1977 1ton Alegro motorhome pa 18707 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Folks, My father in law is selling his 1977 chevy 1ton motor home. It's been run every year but has been off the road for 3-4 years. We still use it for storing our camping stuff. And I drive it around the neighbor hood 2-2 time per year. I cover it each winter. We camped a few times when it was last on the road.

The story:

My Father in Law is not a car guy he always had it maintained at a large truck shop (McCarthey tire). I helped him store it at his brother in laws house in 04/05. When he went to start it in spring of 05 he couldn't get it started. The following year it ended up at my house and I got it running. Someone emptied all the gas out of it while it was sitting in storage.....

So, I planned to use it in 06 but it's to big for us and it's one more vehicle I have to maintain. And that's where we are today. I hate seeing it sit around.

6 new tires
new brakes
well maintained
chevy 350 (40K miles)
sleeps 9
hydro brakes
shower/ bathroom.
good AC
Tilt steering
new exhaust

It has pergo flooring, and the floors are solid but there is a soft spot. underneath it's perfect. no rot or rust on the frame.

all appliances run on propane or electric. I think just about every thing works. The In-Law has taken it on 800+ round trips to Virginia.

Really just a good cleaning and go camping. It has a 4k onan generator , but I plan to keep that.

I'm pretty familure with it if you have any questions just ask. It's being sold as is where is. I hate to mention this but it's got a lot of good/desirable parts on it. hydro brakes, dana 60 rear, propane fridge, tilt steering, ect..

The pics show it idling. No smoke no real issues. Just needs a little tlc

He's asking $1500 without the generator.

I'm in pa 18707.

bob
IM002224.jpg
IM002235.jpg
IM002224a.jpg

Norville is the motor home road ready? our there any problems that you know of? why I'm asking if we went up there, could we drive it back to fl. thanks charlie

Charlie, mechanically is fine. I know the brakes, exhaust, engine, steering ect.. are all good. I know I'll have to go and putz around with those silly running lights. It's a given every year there's a few out. there's usually very little drama starting it . I know one of the tires goes low after a 2 months.

It's full of our camping gear right now. I did not start it yet this year. I last had it running late fall when I parked it for the winter. Everything worked fine over the summer. I had planned to run it last summer but gas was high and we only had one camping trip planned..

I can't promise you nothing would go wrong with it on your trip. I will say these vehicle are overbuilt , and I do not know of any issues with it. Like I said my in-law was a bit anal and had it fully serviced every year (until he pulled it from service) Now he just gets a time share.

There's probably a 100 little things that need to be addressed, but nothing to stop you from using it. I forgot to mention it does have a small bulls eye crack in the windshield from a BB or something. it's not in the line of sight, and he's never had an issue with inspection....

Please keep in mind it's 30+ yrs old it's not perfect If your coming from FL. I would feel better if I shot more pics and maybe a video.

OK it's not perfect but, it's a not a piece of crap either... Great for a small family that likes to camp or for some dudes that want to go to nascar races / hunting cabin?... AC worked great, it made camping much more comfortable.

bob

Bob, I drive a 1985 bj60 so I like old. What I like to know is do you think it could tow a trailer with an fj60? I belong to the flca and tlca and like going to some of the runs. Just looking for something that could tow the cruiser and be more comfortable than a tent. I know that there well be something that have to be fixed. a few more pic. and a video would be great. I still have to convice my wife. thanks...charlie

Charlie, no problem towing. It has a 2" ball on it and it's wired. My father in law would tow a mid 90's S10 behind it. He didn't even know it was there.

Pics I know I can do video we'll see. I have a new camcorder but, I'm not that good with it yet. What do you want to see? you may email me if you wish. I'll give you my number also.

bob

wow, almost a twin of the 76 coachman I'm using as storage, except in MUCH better shape.

Took 13 dobermans & 2 humans to a couple dog shows in mine... great rig to travel in!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom